#1 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

Hey lads, some of you may be aware I've had to sell the Forester :( it cut me real deep as a Foz had been basically my dream car for years before owning one... And one as nice as that was a dream... But recently she'd developed problems and the repair costs were quite a lot.
So instead I sold for a low price and bought myself a 91 gen1 lib wagon for a really low price, but with 155xxx kms! Unregistered though. Love the interior and the features it has. Plus it's the same age as myself! It's currently at the shop getting fixed up ready for a blue slip.
I'll upload some pictures shortly,

But in the meantime, does anyone have a steering rack that will fit a gen 1? My mechanic is struggling to find one! One that isn't leaking..

As for plans, pretty budget (I'm saving to build a house). I'm not going to be lowering this car, I may raise it an inch or two, get some rims and all rounder/off roading tyres, and may do a home Spray job to black. LED light bars and spotties, roof Basket etc. I want her to be practical and take me places!

I'll update with progress.

#2 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Here's something strange, on my phone, I can see two replies... On the desktop version I cannot. It even says "2 replies" and "no replies", correspondingly.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures.

DSC_1190_zpskofoeml5.jpg

cp5679039658594910331_zpsgkg0wbm8.jpg

cp4961312532416341060_zpsvvczolf2.jpg

cp5167971059019773962_zpso4tkjf7q.jpg

DSC_1211_zpsch1ocniy.jpg

I've gotten some fresh tyres also, and many parts from the pick n payless.

She's a bit beaten around, interior is in excellent shape though. Can't wait to have it on the road

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:58 PM

Awesome, Dan! Keen to see where you take her!

Posted Image

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

Nice Beater Dan!

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Libby is on the road! Still a few things to fix though; but they'll be held up as I broke my middle finger on Aus day. Jammed it in a closing window... Had surgery on it yesterday

The a/c needs to be re-gassed still; but more annoyingly, the vent changing is broken, IE air always comes out of the windscreen vents despite what button is selected on the unit. Hoping there's a simple fix.

I need to find properly working sun visors as the current ones do not stay folded up to the roof, but hang down a touch. They don't obscure vision, but they sit in a position which annoys, and can get in the way hopping in and out of the car.

#6 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

Black bonnet, with a design on it in gloss black... Barely noticeable...

Roof racks, basket, and LED bar on...

I'm also going to be looking into swapping out the factory airbag SLS (self leveling suspension) because quite often the air will escape from the fronts and leave the car riding on the springs which is hell bouncy and also dangerous.

Extra height would be nice.

DSC_1501_zpseu0crvcs.jpg

#7 Matty_Lib

Matty_Lib

rslyf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 04:43 PM

Looks good mate.

I'm not sure why Subaru decided to do the blue colour interior, it's something that hasn't been to everyone's tastes lol.

You'll be hard pressed getting a set of visors that stay up, but they do pop up occasionally. People put Velcro on them to keep them up if you need a temporary fix.

The air suspension was a great idea at the time, but these days the bags perish and dump all the air out, like you're experiencing. Some shocks and lifted springs will make it awesome off road, I did a similar thing with my old GX wagon and it was awesome.

The vents are vacuum operated, it may only be a disconnected line or something hopefully. Looking at the post date you may have fixed all that already though.

Look forward to seeing the updates and how you find it off road.

#8 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Get in contact with Nachaluva on offroadsubarus.com - he'll be able to fab up some strut top spacers for you to get the extra lift you want.

Be patient though, he's currently on the 8 deserts expedition (lucky bugger, wish I was on it!).

Cheers

Bennie

"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#9 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

I like the blue interior, it's character and I love the old feel of it.

Yeah, the Velcro seems to be a good fix.

I talked to subie oz lift and they said Forester struts would give it a 1.5" lift and if possible I'd like to go with an extra 1".

I haven't had a chance to look at the air vents.. I've been a little lazy about that.

#10 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

. I'm not sure why Subaru decided to do the blue colour interior, it's something that hasn't been to everyone's tastes lol.

It was in 1991! So may car manufacturers used blue interiors unfortunately...

IM47Gcv.jpg

#11 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

It was in 1991! So may car manufacturers used blue interiors unfortunately...

Yeah the "we're still hanging on to the 80's" death rattle of the automotive industry. Good times.

FR34KO, are you going for a full body lift or strut lift only? And have you thought about a snorkel? They look ace but of course need a little bit of modifying to fit if you go a plastic unit from a NK NH pajero. They work well on the L series and foresters, I'm not sure I've seen one on a liberty yet.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#12 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

I would like a body lift Bennie, though I'm not all that versed... What more would I have to do to get a decent amount of lift?

I'd love to look into the snorkel, might come in handy... Particularly at my parents' and friends' property near Araluen, NSW. There is a river crossing (Deua River) to get in and it quite frequently rises. So much so that once, the SES had to tie a cable line across the river, as it was fast flowing, to retrieve my parents and friends from the other side in a boat!

Cheers

Danny ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users