←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

So, you have about $50k to spend on a...

Alex's Photo Alex 11 Sep 2012

Hai all.

Work circumstances are about to change (new job)

And it involves a work car.

No Prius. No Hybrid Camry.

I get to choose what I want.

What should I get?

CONDITIONS - unlimited fuel card. Would prefer auto.

And must tow over three tonnes.

GO!

Morgan's Photo Morgan 11 Sep 2012

Posted Image

I was thinking this, or the Pathfinder. Ti 550 is out of reach, but then again, Ti 550 is Disco 4 moneyz.

Posted Image

Car can be 0-2 yo, and comfy to drive too. Need to drive south coast/Canberra/Wagga/Orange/Sydney CBD

Girly says no to utes. Sad panda.

I thought Amarok was manual only?

Ah could well be. Haven't looked that far into them. I just think they are roarsome :P

Cam.'s Photo Cam. 11 Sep 2012

Hilux SR5 D4D Auto in charcoal grey + Safety pack + Towing kit + Canopy and tub liner.

Awesome on fuel, Can tow well (Towed a commodore from Wollongong to Newcastle with no issues), Comfy on the freeway and around town, Doesn't feel like a truck, Head units in them are awesome and servicing costs are very cheap.

I think they're an awesome ute too. And only a two litre.

Twin turbo makes me scared though. I don't want to catch AIDS twice.

But from memory, they don't quite tow three tonne. 2.8 or something like this.

Scott's Photo Scott 11 Sep 2012

i had a hilux SR turbo diesel was ok, plain interior

ford ranger/mazda bt50 ftw 3.2L 5cyl 6speed or auto, car like interior
drove to the snow and back in almost 1 tank

can tow 3.25t braked

Adam's Photo Adam 11 Sep 2012

Ranger with a canopy... girly will be none the wiser :D

TSG's Photo TSG 11 Sep 2012

Nissan Patrol? I do like the current Ford Ranger though. Hilux too but as others have said, Toyota really don't spare any expense on the interior.. my dads Prado may aswell be a Camry inside lol. Tough trucks though.

I will NEVER buy a new Hilux. Toyota have gone down the toilet with the Hilux. They are teh ***. They only tow 2.2t, over priced, and under featured. Brother in law has one. He's had his for three months, already wants to get rid of it.

Girly's dad just bought a new Ford Ranger. She is very much so the wiser. Spewing, I'd love one. 3.3t capacity and quite capable. Old boy has the 2010. Beautiful to drive.

Adam - have your parentals still got their ranger? Seen the recall on the towbar assemblies?

R-Y's Photo R-Y 11 Sep 2012

My house mate just got a brand new ranger. Waited 6 months for it but it is awesome. He hasn't complained about a single thing on it yet after 2 months and he lived it on a drive to Brissy and back

Nissan Patrol? I do like the current Ford Ranger though. Hilux too but as others have said, Toyota really don't spare any expense on the interior.. my dads Prado may aswell be a Camry inside lol. Tough trucks though.

Factory Grenade 3L TD? No thanks.2.5t towing capacity is p00 also.

Ex girly's parentals had one. Swore black and blue never to buy a one again. Took Nissan to court to rebuild the motor, as they washed their hands of the matter, despite the car being still under factory warranty.

No thanks.

If only Ford made a wagon variant of the Ranger, I'd be all over it like herpes on a hooker.

Adam's Photo Adam 11 Sep 2012

Adam - have your parentals still got their ranger? Seen the recall on the towbar assemblies?

Nope!?

Got a link?

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 11 Sep 2012

Diesel Touareg.
Economical. Yes.
Aids. No, only one tarbo.
Powerful. Yes.
Reliable. Yes.
Comfortable. Yes.
Lots of toys. Yes.
Roomy. Yes.
Tows over 3 tonne. Yes, 3500kgs braked.
Had for under 50k. Yes, can probs get a near new one for that.

Novated lease?

here. (for you Adam)

oh shit.

may have to wait for this? (click the image)

Posted Image

bd-850's Photo bd-850 11 Sep 2012

Land Rover Freelander?

TSG's Photo TSG 11 Sep 2012

Not too many light commercials that are comfortable and have the 3+ tonne towing capacity. All have been mentioned other than that new Colorado... but they seem a bit cheap from afar. My uncle raves about his Pathfinder, but as you say I have heard of issues with the 3ltr turbo diesel.

I want one of these.

Posted Image