#1 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hey guys.

Iv been having a really hard time sourcing rear STI hubs to have machined to suite my R180...

So in the mean time Im thinking I may just run the standard rear setup with a R160... I know the ratio is different in the 6 speed so im assuming id have to change my R160 with one that matches my 6 speed..

Anyone got info on what R160 I should be looking for ??

The R180 is still in the pipeline but Im dieing to get the car on the road again so this may be a decent step forward for the mean time.

Thanks again.. Vice.

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Looks like it can be done but you'll need some 07 WRX shafts?

http://www.perth-wrx...-r160-hubs.html

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

http://www.gotitrex....conversion.html

After reading the above it sounds like i need a 3.9 R160 to get me going since my cut was a 03 bug eye.... Can anyone confirm or supply me with a diff ??

Cheers Vice

"
Rear Diff:

The rear diff will have to suit the six speed you purchase, the trans code will help determine which ratio you will have to match. Up to 08 STi’s the only diff ratios in rear are a 3.9 or a 3.54, The 3.9 ratio was until mid 05 where than changed to 3.54 rear diff ratio, this is also when the larger pinion flange was fitted however this can be replaced with a standard sized flange.

There are two rear diffs in the Subaru range, R160 and the STi’s R180 , The R160 is a standard fitment across the board with multiple variations in ratios, The R180 is an Sti Fitment and takes larger sized rear drive shafts on both the hub and diff sides, and comes in 4.44, 3.9 and 3.54 ratios. Read the R180 Conversion blog to fully understand what is required to successfully fit the upgrade.

Clutch , Flywheel and starter motor and slave cylinder:

The standard five speed clutch , flywheel and starter motor can remain and be used, however the STi six speed clutch has a larger surface area on the clutch pressure and friction plate and the fly wheel is lighter in weight than the five speed. If you use the six speed set up you will require more clutch bolts. The five speed slave cylinder can remain."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users