• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 my00rx

my00rx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Need help with a front end conversion, I have a 2000 Liberty RX and would like to put this front bar on http://www.importmon...=BE5 96H 124769

I have heard you need to replace bonned and front quarters to make it fit and it might not be a straight bolt on if anyone could help guide me on what I need to buy to make it work it would be much appreciated

Maybe need all b4 panels? http://www.importmon...4.jpg&title=BE5

#2 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

That looks like a Rev D front bar.
Your car will be Rev A-C ??
You will need to change the head lamps, bonnet & grille.

Or just find the correct bar to fit ya car

#3 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

That bar is D&E

The following you will need to change to make it fit, Bonnet, Lights, Grill, Cut out half moon section of the side of radiator support to fit Rev D lights, Aslo cut rad support where lights go through the hole of chassis rails or bend them further back with a hammer....Guards are all the same on the Gen3
Posted Image

#4 my00rx

my00rx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

What type of bonnet, grill and lights do I need from what model?

#5 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

You just need ones that suit REV D&E. They are noticeably different.

Only two bonnets, turbo or non turbo.
Grill, there are many, and some custom modded ones. But you can tell if they will fit as they are a much higher design, and the sides are angled differently.
And the lights, there's only the one kind. They are noticeably different from the REV A-C ones. One being the squared point, near the grill; and two, the composition of the lights. IE, the blinker is in a round/tube encasing within the headlight.

#6 my00rx

my00rx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the help guys, so I'm probably going to go ahead and buy that front bumper and slowly find the other parts.

#7 ap7

ap7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the help guys, so I'm probably going to go ahead and buy that front bumper and slowly find the other parts.

That is definitely a Rev D bumper. I am pretty sure you can make it fit as is without changing lights etc!

I have a Rev D Legacy and tried to put a Rev A-C aftermarket bumper bar and had a lot of problems fitting it. The primary reason was that it was alittle short which meant it touched a few things on the front.

Toyota Trueno GT Apex - AE101, Subaru Legacy B4 - BE5

#8 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Bumper, Lights, Grille, Bonnet. All Rev D/E. All existing parts will fit, as Jovi said - with adjustments to the Rad support. Get all your parts from import monster or wreckers. Genuine will cost about 2.8k. Had it priced a while back.

HID's from japan, cost you about 7-800 landed (will require small wiring mods, but DIY is on here now)
Grille can be picked up locally for not much, if you want you can buy a ready made mesh one from japan off IM for about 3-500 landed
Bonnet get from here on the forums if available, otherwise wreckers will be much cheaper than IM because of postage.
Bumper, well IM for that, but postage will hurt because of its physical size.

As with all things IM, read the ad first. If you order the wrong thing, tough titties.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#9 my00rx

my00rx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Got quoted around 400 to import front bar, might just go rev D as D/E is so hard to find + not that big of a difference, same deal with fitting as D/E? And being Rev D would it be easy to find at wreckers?

#10 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

HID's from japan, cost you about 7-800 landed (will require small wiring mods, but DIY is on here now)

Much cheaper off eBay or Ichiban, more like 3-400.

#11 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Theres no difference in body shape between D and E, the only difference was the 2003 ADM B4s had a revised ECU tune, and a different set of rims, hence the new revision (there may have been other differences, but the main one was the tuning).
All 01 - 03 JDM models are rev D, no rev E at all.

Ah yes, forgot about that, I was tempted when I saw their prices, but house = no moneys!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#12 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

You will also need to change the indicator plugs on your rev a-c loom to T10 wedge type also.

#13 vicelore

vicelore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Subbies, Dubs, Boost, Beer , Wine , My Two Awesome Girls

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

Way to much work..

#14 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.

It also isn't a whole lot of gain for the amount of money outlayed. There are some really clean looking Rev A-C's out there. I'd just be whacking JDM front bar on it (which can be had for cheap) and it's pretty much done!

Save your money and spend it on suspension mods or save for an engine swap.

#15 Riggs

Riggs

Aaron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

That bar is D&E

The following you will need to change to make it fit, Bonnet, Lights, Grill, Cut out half moon section of the side of radiator support to fit Rev D lights, Aslo cut rad support where lights go through the hole of chassis rails or bend them further back with a hammer....Guards are all the same on the Gen3

i know its an old post but, did you do a Rev A/B too Rev D/E front end swap? 
im just looking for info on where exactly to cut the rad support and what ever else is involed, I just cant seem to find any information anywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users