←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

Ozlib site feedbak

jzk25's Photo jzk25 05 Apr 2009

What's the point of OzLib anyway? Say anything the tards that run it don't like and you are banned. It's a wannabe rexnet. The owner wants it to be some awesome commercial site, which will never happen. It sits around like a stale bottle of piss most of the time because it is half arsed on all levels. It's too slow to be commercial and too Nazi spec to be a good "free" site. You can Beta test the thing with new layouts until the end of time, if it's infected from the top down it'll always be the same steaming pile.

B4TT's Photo B4TT 05 Apr 2009

^^ one way to put it :P i havnt logged on yet cos I am too lazy to password search/change etc

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 05 Apr 2009

Thats my rant over. I'm all for OzLib improving their once decent site and will try my best in assisting with that. But I think they gotta use a different forum system or something because this one is too gimiky and probably as a result, too slow! The forum section should be completely seperate from the fancy site. It should be a quick and effective way of people communicating.

Would i be alone in saying bring back the old forum but leave the new site at its /home location so we can get used to it and slowly start up the new style forum with some test threads so we can put some more say into it?

cause as it is i think we have had a hand full of threads started and almost no activity. the old PM's are a huge thing for many people too, obviously the old DB is still there just put into maint mode.

Whatever happens it better happen soon because its going to become a ghost site by the end of the month as it stands.

In summary:
return to the old forum, replace the old main site with new site, not hard really, just redirect everything to /home except the /forum sub dir

Shiv's Photo Shiv 05 Apr 2009

*still scratches head as to how they got it sooooo wrong* :wacko:

Matt's Photo Matt 07 Apr 2009

How do i reset my password on OZlib? I got a new password for the beta testing...but now none of my passwords work? Who do i email to get my password reset again???

Dylan's Photo Dylan 07 Apr 2009

How do i reset my password on OZlib? I got a new password for the beta testing...but now none of my passwords work?
Who do i email to get my password reset again???

http://www.ozliberty...sk=lostPassword

Go there and tick 'lost password' :)

Matt's Photo Matt 07 Apr 2009

Cheers for the fast reply Dylan!

Dylan's Photo Dylan 07 Apr 2009

No dramas mate :)

aekOne's Photo aekOne 07 Apr 2009

you should be a mod

cracka's Photo cracka 07 Apr 2009

fark that sites starting to do my head in. hoping it gets better FFS

Shiv's Photo Shiv 10 Apr 2009

Shit, OzLib is so slow!

Alex's Photo Alex 10 Apr 2009

ive stopped going altogether. read jzk25's sentiments above.

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 10 Apr 2009

ive stopped going altogether.

read jzk25's sentiments above.

Here, here....

XXB4XX's Photo XXB4XX 11 Apr 2009

sad to say guys, But i logged in once since the new site and never again, it's garbage.. it has like 2 active members at a time.. if that. I think everyone else got the shi*s with it and has left too.. looks like there should be more Subyclub members coming soon! Also for some shi*s and giggle.. Does this look familiar???? www.evocrew.com funniest part is.. like ozlib.. it's got 1 active member right now LOL!

Soop's Photo Soop 11 Apr 2009

I got that e-mail too. Was trying to think how the f*ck they got my e-mail.

XXB4XX's Photo XXB4XX 11 Apr 2009

I got that e-mail too.

Was trying to think how the f*ck they got my e-mail.

hahah same here.. I was like "who the fcuck site is this???"

Shiv's Photo Shiv 11 Apr 2009

So IF we were on the Beta Team, would our suggestions have meant anything?? I ask this because the two forums appear to be largely the same in format and layout as each other. Don't tell me that Liberty drivers have exactly the same preferences as Lancer ones :P Now I'm curious, where did that forum layout originate from? I thought it was a custom job made by OzLib for OzLib. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Soop's Photo Soop 11 Apr 2009

:)

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 12 Apr 2009

I got that e-mail too.

Was trying to think how the f*ck they got my e-mail.

hahah same here.. I was like "who the fcuck site is this???"

Same here guys! I got an email from them, wondered what the site was, went to it, wondered why the hell I would have ever signed up with a Lancer forum, checked my user details, found that they are the same as the Ozlib ones???? Got confused and left...

So IF we were on the Beta Team, would our suggestions have meant anything?? I ask this because the two forums appear to be largely the same in format and layout as each other. Don't tell me that Liberty drivers have exactly the same preferences as Lancer ones :P

Now I'm curious, where did that forum layout originate from? I thought it was a custom job made by OzLib for OzLib. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

You're wrong! The new forum is a template, with customisable menus, colours e.t.c.

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 12 Apr 2009

Same here guys! I got an email from them, wondered what the site was, went to it, wondered why the hell I would have ever signed up with a Lancer forum, checked my user details, found that they are the same as the Ozlib ones???? Got confused and left...

You're wrong! The new forum is a template, with customisable menus, colours e.t.c.

Its all become too much of a business rather than a community.
just need to give us some better themes on here and i'll change my sticker :P

also to be honest that evocrew site had the format working fairly good, i had a look around just to see what ozlib could turn into and its working quite good they havent gone over the top with the accenting colour scheme and have a lot cleaner navigation system.
with saying that the lack of activity over at ozlib has all but killed it now.