4 replies to this topic

#1 Pendogz

Pendogz

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys my mate just bought a 2015 Wrx he is looking for some upgrades but doesn't want to void warranty he was looking at
http://www.cobbtunin...h-p/615x01p.htm

I know mrt do stupid but everyone says they are way over priced

#2 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

Don't touch anything until his warranty period ends in that case.

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

If he wants to keep his warranty, he can't touch it. He can change things like stereo etc and only void the warranty on that particular component, however when you touch anything engine related, such as turbos, ecu etc, they deem that to have run on effects on the rest of the car, and therefore modifying those components will void all warranty.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:29 AM

clayden on here (i cant remember his username) has just done a build on his MY15 STI. build thread is up in the relevant folder, he put 10 000km on his car before doing the work. i believe the number is around 280kwatw now

#5 xSniper21x

xSniper21x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

Bored at work and just came by this. As allpaw says, don't touch anything apart cosmetics, stereos ect. And hopefully I'm not to late but the access port from Cobb are not designed for Australia, I believe Prospeed were getting a demo in to try on a WRX but at this stage it is not for Australian variants.

28fee6df-5ae3-4d73-ae8b-11d41e369871_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users