3 replies to this topic

#1 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:27 PM

I am contemplating replacing the front wheel bearings on my liberty. It's got a 98 wrx (gc8) hub assembly in it. Rang some parts dealers and looking around the $100 mark each. One bloke said they're a wide bearing with 2 bearings inside it, as a 1 piece type deal. I think the part number is 4133. Ebay shows both types of bearing and (2 bearings a side and 1 big bearing) in it's pictures.

What I'd like to know is which one is the right one, if both are right, which one is better and where can I get a quality part for a good price? (Ebay is half the price of retail parts sellers)

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#2 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Nobody have the info? Are they completely different to the Liberty hubs? I just assumed they would have an inner and outer bearings?

I am contemplating buying new hub assemblies in any case, to save the hassle of tolerances etc, but I haven't found anyone that sells them yet. So I'm picking they're $300 or up at this stage.

Maybe doing the bearings is a better idea........... if someone can help me out, please?

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:26 AM

Your hub will have a part number on it. I think you should try to find out what it is.
It will be on the engine side of the hub where the bottom of the caliper bolts up.

Then do some ringing around to confirm what you have.

#4 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Thanks boss. The problem I had was being told I had a 'dual cone' bearing but photos I saw not showing the outer bearing runner (assuming they didn't sell it in the kit?), but once separated it was the same as the youtube video; Replace Subaru front wheel bearing: and I got them from the local bearing shop for $150. Part number 4133.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users