#21 Soans

Soans

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:women

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

Rightio, heres the video. Listen to it with a good set of earphones or speakers otherwise it sounds stock :P 

Sounds great! Better than my bolt on XForce catback. Love the black wheels with the white paint too. 

#22 SamuelCharles

SamuelCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:34 PM

Sounds great! Better than my bolt on XForce catback. Love the black wheels with the white paint too. 

Yeah I'm very happy with it :) The wheels are just a test to see what it would look like with the black. Maybe later this year ill go to some proper black wheels and not just the stock ones :P 

#23 Soans

Soans

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

Did you plasti dip them or use paint? I'm also looking for proper black wheels because I'm already bored of my plasti dipped stockies hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 SamuelCharles

SamuelCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yep, plasti dipped stockies :P got a quote from a mate to get them powdercoated for $50 a rim and then id have to get tyres re fitted and such... but ill eventually get something for it

#25 Soans

Soans

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Damn that's cheap. Looking forward to seeing this progress :)

#26 SamuelCharles

SamuelCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

While I'm on a two week break from uni I thought it would be the perfect time to get some work done to the Lib.I got sick of the rounded 2.5 inch tips on the liberty so i went to 3 inch straight cut tips. Looks much better in my opinion. Added a little colour to the calipers to give a little contrast to the black and white of the car. I was desperate for a new steering wheel as the old one had a horrible rip in it and it just had to go. I went to our local Subaru specific wreckers and sure enough I managed to get one from a gen 4 outback for $60. 

Attached Files

#27 Soans

Soans

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

Those new tips look much better

#28 SamuelCharles

SamuelCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

Nothing to add, just a couple of photos after a well needed wash :) 

Attached Files

#29 SamuelCharles

SamuelCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

It's been a long time since posting but a couple of things have changed!
First off I have installed a 22" lightbar in the front grille. Sourced stock grille from local Subaru specific wrecker for $20, lightbar was $40 online and wired up with wiring and relay I already had. Works a treat! Reason for install is I drive between Taree and Forster for work 5 days a week. Working in hospitality means I drive at night most of the time. This has helped a lot with spotting roos and other wildlife long before I would've seen them with the high beams alone. Yes it's not the most attractive mod to a Liberty but the practicality far outweighs looks for me!

Second mod was one I have been wanting for 2 years now. Was finally time to sort the suspension out. Was thinking of going all out on a set of MCA Blues but couldn't justify spending $1600 odd for my daily. The car will never see a day at the track and it didn't seem right. So I kept looking through Gumtree/Ebay/Facebook for a set of Billies+STI Pinks. Found a pair for the right price and couldn't be happier. The car originally came with Pedders Comforts installed by the previous owner (60ish y/o man). They were incredibly comfy but it had so much body roll and was a pig in corners. The bushes in the rear comforts were both rooted. The rear used to sag 15mm lower than the front. Now the car turns near flat, is effortless in the corners and has leveled out. Yes, it isn't slammed for e-fame but I often tow a trailer/ bike rack and have the car loaded up with camping gear so the height works for me. I'm super impressed with how good the Billies+Pinks combo works and am so glad I went for them. 

Next step, wheels and tyres! 

IMG 4831
IMG 4828
IMG 4827

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liberty, build, mod, 2004, story, upgrade, subaru, legacy, 2.5, p-plate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users