Photo

GF Impreza/BC Liberty rear control arm/sway bar swap. Thoughts needed.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beejay667

Beejay667

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hey guys, I have a 1994 GF Sportswagon without a rear sway bar and solid tube rear most control arms/lat links. I have recently bought a BC FWD sedan to do an engine swap and am considering installing the standard Liberty swaybar into the Impreza.

The Liberty uses the older style drop links for the sway bar and the rear control arms are braced U shaped steel. I have measured the lengths of the control arms from inner to outer bush centres and they are the same (this much I figured beforehand but obviously wanted to check.

Bottom line is, I'm a poor ass (Disability Pension) and don't really have the money to buy GC/GF tube control arms with sway bar brackets and figured that considering I have all this gear here from the wreck I may as well use it. I'll eventually find some Impreza gear and the newer end links but it's not a priority. The Impreza is off the road and has become a long term fix-up and I figure a 14mm liberty swaybar and drop links are better than no sway bar at all.

I'm considering replacing the bushes for the rear most arms while they are out using split bushes which if the same size can be swapped over to the newer gear when I grab some.

I'm sure it should all be fine but just thought I'd bring it up here in case there is something that someone else knows that I haven't noticed/thought about.

Thanks.

#2 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yeah it'll be fine. My first RS had the later setup and I swapped it into my earlier car without any issues so I don't see any reason for it to not work the other way.

MjC8i57.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users