#1 l2eeFer13

l2eeFer13

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Subarus and HSVs

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

Ok so i done my clusterswap on my legacy a while back. All worked fine apart from the check engine light never came on when key was turned to accessory. All the other accessory lights would like oil. battery, steering etc.

So i ripped it out the other day and had a play with the globes. I swaped the Red/White cable with the battery light cable and the check engine globe worked wonders. So going back to the initial swap.

I was left over with 5 cables

I went from non BFM A-C JDM to JDM Type D BFM. Instead of making a harness i just done a straight pin swap while matching up the colours

pinnouts http://sl-i.net/FORU...316fb51b0139077

Brown/White (Height Hi)

Black/Brown (Unlisted)

Black/White (Second alternator light??)

Black (Ground)

Red/Yellow (Unlisted)

IMG_4220_zpsedde4613.jpg

B plug

IMG_4218_zps0ba15e67.jpg

B plug other side

IMG_4219_zps621c2cc7.jpg

So B10 is Red/White (Check engine light) So i have also tried the Red/White cable in the battery port and still nothing worked.

Sooooo will any of those plugs above that are not used cause this? Im 99% sure the check engine light was working on my old cluster. Oh also my right indicator dash light doesnt work either but im not to bothered as the indicator itself works fine.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

2 of your pictures arent working just a heads up. Am i reading it right that you arent using the black ground wires??? How does the thing even turn on lol. The brown black is for the FWD light  so i doubt thats an issue. If the check engine wire isnt triggering any other bulbs sounds like it could be an issue somewhere other than the cluster. Try connecting the diagnostic ports under the dash to check for codes. Should make the light come on. If it doesnt then something else is playing silly buggers

tIeW8DE.png

#3 l2eeFer13

l2eeFer13

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

2 of your pictures arent working just a heads up. Am i reading it right that you arent using the black ground wires??? How does the thing even turn on lol. The brown white is for the FWD light  so i doubt thats an issue. If the check engine wire isnt triggering any other bulbs sounds like it could be an issue somewhere other than the cluster. Try connecting the diagnostic ports under the dash to check for codes. Should make the light come on. If it doesnt then something else is playing silly buggers

Oops. I moved all photos into album. FIXED. I actually forgot one was actually black/white which was that second alternator light from C plug

As for the ground, the original cluster had two grounds in A plug where as the new one i put in only has 1 so thats him leftover. And isnt brown/black FWD light?? Hmm i didnt actually think of the diagnostic process. Will be my first thing to do when i return. Yeah i followed the wire back to its main plug and it all seemed fine. Maybe ill just have to never check the engine :D

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Oops. I moved all photos into album. FIXED. I actually forgot one was actually black/white which was that second alternator light from C plug

As for the ground, the original cluster had two grounds in A plug where as the new one i put in only has 1 so thats him leftover. And isnt brown/black FWD light?? Hmm i didnt actually think of the diagnostic process. Will be my first thing to do when i return. Yeah i followed the wire back to its main plug and it all seemed fine. Maybe ill just have to never check the engine :D

Indeed it is brown black i misread the diagrams. Normally when im fiddling with the clusters i match function to function rather than colour as it makes bug finding much easier incase the crafty japs changed colours for no reason

tIeW8DE.png

#5 l2eeFer13

l2eeFer13

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Indeed it is brown black i misread the diagrams. Normally when im fiddling with the clusters i match function to function rather than colour as it makes bug finding much easier incase the crafty japs changed colours for no reason

Haha thats a good point. Ill let you know how i get on with the diagnostic test. Wont be for a few months until i return. 

#6 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

Cars in New Zealand I believe

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users