• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jayqilz

Jayqilz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys I'm a new member but I was wondering about building a track spec liberty....

I'm set on a ez30r engine powering the thing and have my heart set on a on having a fully sequential gearbox as well but although on having some experience with Subaru's like my dad's forester xt ...

I thought I would ask some experts about it, it's also going to use used a little for road use eg meet ups and carshows but other than that not much road use would appreciate some wisdom over everyone around my area giving me shit for it because it's not a skyline ya know haha

Any wisdom would be great gents

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

What chassis are you thinking? Lib or Impreza or forester for that matter. EZ30R will be more complicated to get running but i cant see it being impossible if its a bare bones racecar. Sequential gear bag is going to be huge money. If it were me id look into an STi 6 speed or building a 5 speed dogbox

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Jayqilz

Jayqilz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Thinking liberty chassis so I can just buy the ez30 with it probably not a barebones racecar but maybe a spec b trans with a faster sequential shifter on it

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

The ez will be something different, but will make upgrading power levels almost impossible down the track when you get bored of the power. They make less power stock than a turbo motor, with no decent ability to up it. Liberty chassis is good, although for a track car will be much heavier than something like a gc8. If you are set on the ez, go for it. But you'll have more luck, and likely more fun, in a turbo. Sequential box is certainly possible, but as others have said, will make it stupidly expensive. Spec b box will be about your only option, as you'll want the strength of a later model box. Make sure it will bolt up to the ez though.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

Even though I drive a EZ30 powered 6 speed GenIV Liberty, and have flung it around a track, I would build a turbo GC8 as a track car.

TBH in a lot of ways, my wifes n/a GenIII is a better track car. So much lighter on its feet.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

GC8 = 1200kg

BP/BL = 1480KG+

gc8 half the price of a BP/BL

easy decision

MY07 GT spec B

0 user(s) are reading this topic