PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Tsssstsutsutsutsutsu

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

*development*

Looks like it was them mbc that was contributing to the issue. Found line 23 blocked off so I removed the boost controller and connected line 23. Issues resolved. Except now secondary is coming on at 5000rpms and I'm getting boost of about 7psi and there is no VoD. Could this be because I don't have the pill in line 23 as there is supposed to be? Also I only had quite long silicone hose available - could the length of the hose effect lateness of second turbo coming on?
Also I had the ebc on 0 settings while I wasn't sure what was going on wit the car but have tuned it slightly just to test its effect on the system and with the profecs gain set at 20% I got 8.6psi
And boost still came on at 5000rpm

#23 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:06 PM

You need a pill dude.

#24 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Clues where I can pick one up josh?

#25 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

Best to get it through Subaru, mate.
Wouldn't be too expensive you'd think.

Give your local dealer a call, they'll be able to help.

#26 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

For anyone that's following along did a BBoD refurb!

Local suby dealer closed so cant get the 0.8mm pill. Put the mbc back on and dialled it all the way down. Car started making 7psi but with no issues running perfect. Since then I've been dialling the boost up and will continue to do so until I get the same issues and know that is when my car is over boosting and the ecu shitting itself. From there I'll dial it down slightly.

The ebc I have is controlling boost after 4.5k rpm where I'm on twins. After I've reached the above threshold I'll see if I can tune up the ebc to give me more boost on twins than primary.

Attached Files

#27 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Don't forget to put the pill back into line 2.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#28 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yup made sure I did that. Thanks Jimbo

#29 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

Okay picked up 0.8mm pill from parramatta subaru will put it in tonight and test with and without mbc.

Also, was cleaning engine bay and found a loose connector which turns out to be from the ebc. There is no solenoid for it to connect to so its actually not doing anything. It's an expensive peak boost reader at the moment. If the mbc continues to work well I'll eventually buy the solenoid separately and use the ebc instead for greater tuneability.

Must say that at the moment cars running great making 16.5 psi and holding it from 4000-4500rpms all the way through. There is negligible VoD.

#30 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Nice, sounds like it's coming along.

If I could give any advice, I would remove any aftermarket boost control stuff and plumb everything in as factory and let the ECU do it itself. 

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#31 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:35 AM

Hey guys so from my last post I had the ebc running at 16.5psi car feels good no issues. When I turn it up a couple of notches and it starts hovering around 18-19psi I get the same issues.

Took off the ebc and reconnected line 23 with pill in correct spot and car made 19psi but same as before in fourth when it's time to change over to both turbos the car goes into a lull and after about 1000-1500 rpm I get code p1241 again. And this is without any boost controllers, just the pill doing its thing.

Is it possible the tune that it's had from pulse racing is getting in the way? Could it need a retune? Can I ask them or is there anyone else out there that can put me back on stock tune?

Thanks all

#32 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

Just wanted to update this incase someone comes across it one day and has similar issues. 

I am all sorted now thanks to Josh's wonderful help. Took the car to him and he saw pretty much straight away that the ECV solenoid bypass mod had been done on my car and as its a Rev D, they usually don't like that. Returned the mod to stock for me and what do ya know cars a very happy chappy and is running perfectly.

Thanks again Josh you're a champion. 

#33 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

I had the same error code, it was caused by a seized primary turbo.

Replaced the turbo with a brand new but different turbo from a JDM Legacy. It worked for a few thousand KMs then the ball bearings blew apart and it sent shards of metal through the engine. The engine somehow survived.

Rebuilt the old turbo which had been producing boost fine for now.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

#34 Brad-B4 Liberty

Brad-B4 Liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

Hi PEEKAY,

Did you end up finding out what caused the code p1241 fault? Did changing the vac lines help it? Also did you get a 1199 - differential pressure sensor fault come up as??

Cheers,

Brad

#35 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

In Peekays case it was a combination of a few things but the fix came from replacing several dodgy hose clamps. The car had quite a few boost leaks on his FMIC piping.
The vac lines were also replaced with silicone.
He also had the ECV line mode in place which I returned to the standard plumbing after the code was gone but that wasn't the issue, just an improvement.

In your case it seems the DPS is either shot or it's not seeing proper boost readings because it's leaking out somewhere on the secondary side of the system.

I suspect the latter. DPS failure isn't that common.

#36 Brad-B4 Liberty

Brad-B4 Liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

Ok to easy. I have brought another differential sensor so I will replace that and reset the ECU and go
From there. Is it true that if I disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes it will reset the ECU?

Cheers,

Brad

#37 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

In Peekays case it was a combination of a few things but the fix came from replacing several dodgy hose clamps. The car had quite a few boost leaks on his FMIC piping.
The vac lines were also replaced with silicone.
He also had the ECV line mode in place which I returned to the standard plumbing after the code was gone but that wasn't the issue, just an improvement.

In your case it seems the DPS is either shot or it's not seeing proper boost readings because it's leaking out somewhere on the secondary side of the system.

I suspect the latter. DPS failure isn't that common.

Sorry but what is this ecv line? Ecv?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#38 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:36 PM

Exhaust control valve.

The Mod involves bypassing several solenoids in the black box of death to basically make the valve operate mechanically.
It's in the TT thread.

I haven't seen much success with the mod on rev D models. It caused boost spikes under full load and extended the transition vod on my car.

#39 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

hey Peekay,any luck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users