6 replies to this topic

#1 wrxstreetspec

wrxstreetspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Hey All,

Just thought 'd post up some details of my 04 Model Subaru WRX. Its been a favourite car since they came out but never actually thought about owning one. 

I was lucky to have found one that came up in my price range, it was well taken care of and ticked all the right boxes for me.

There is definitely room for personalisation/improvement from the excellent base though. 

Current Features/Mods:
- 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
- Dyno Tuned by Gotitrex - got 170kw atw (great result)
- Running 16.5psi
- 05 Centre Console Conversion
Planned Mods:
The plannned mods incorporates a balance of some personalisation characteristics (wheels and small interior customisations) and performance (suspension mainly)

- 17-18" wheels with a bit more poke, don't want to have to roll the guards (not keen on getting them done)
- Aftermarket Rear Sway Bar
- Aftermarket Rear Sway Bar Heavy Duty End Links
- Aftermarket Rear Sway Bar Heavy Duty Mounts
- Aftermarket Front Sway Bar
- Aftermarket Front Sway Bar End Links
- STI Alloy Gear Stick Surround - Found
- Carbon Fibre Engine Cover - Found
- Front STI Strut Brace
If you may know of any bits in my "planned mods" section for sale you would be helping me out a lot. I'd love to find them second hand to save a bit of money.

I only have one photo of it at the moment but here it is:

IMG_5613_zpsyrsq8os7.jpg
IMG_5612_zps4ypculs6.jpg

IMG_5615_zpscrynk3ae.jpg

IMG_5618_zps2s5b9hny.jpg
IMG_5616_zpstaciuzpu.jpg

#2 wrxstreetspec

wrxstreetspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

Got around to installing the 05 centre console, wasn't too bad at all. Had to swap the handbrake over from the 05 model, I ended up having to swap the actual cable from my car as the lengths were different.

Still haven't worked out the best way to get the power mirrors switch working yet.

#3 wrxstreetspec

wrxstreetspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Finally got pics up. Feel free to comment, always appreciate any feedback :)

#4 GNGBNG

GNGBNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

That looks nice and tidy, except for the lack of gearboot.

I like your mod list. Any plans to lower it as well?

#5 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

Very nice

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#6 wrxstreetspec

wrxstreetspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

That looks nice and tidy, except for the lack of gearboot.
I like your mod list. Any plans to lower it as well?

Thanks heaps :) Definitely the lack of gearboot is bothering me haha. I could only find a 05 Gear stick surround in Auto and was too anxious to put it all together. Hoping to find an 05+

Very nice

Thanks heaps :) Definitely enjoying its extra power from stock, just the handling aspects need a bit of tweaking and i'm set haha

My only annoyance of the whole car was that one of the previous owners had seen need to use self tapers into the parcel shelf sheet metal (I think about 4-5 holes, presumably for speakers) and 4 holes a bit smaller than a pencil).

Its bothering me heaps that they are there, I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things and that was one red flag I had on my list when buying the car to tick off. Somehow I overlooked it for the cars other great features (its well taken care of and drives awesome). Still not sure what to do about them, even though you have to look for them to see them its still annoying as.

Hoping to lower it tonight as I got a set of Lovell Springs, hoping to see it a few mm lower by the end of the evening

#7 wrxstreetspec

wrxstreetspec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

Just picked up a 24mm rear sway bar, hoping to find a set of alloy heavy duty rear end links before installing it though.

Still hoping to find a centre console boot and surround to suit an 05 wrx. They aren't easy to find it seems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users