←  Body

Suby Club

»

Gen 4 GT seat question

WillC's Photo WillC 21 Mar 2015

Question for the Gen 4 GT drivers who have electric seats. On the Handbrake side of your driver seat, my seat lifts up from the rail quite a bit if you lift it by hand. It I can't see anything obviously snapped or bent but im wondering what is the go here. Has anyone ever experienced this or is this normal operation ? It doesn't feel like its normal.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 21 Mar 2015

Lifts up by the rail? Definitely not normal if that's happening... Whilst not a GT, my wagon certainly doesn't do it man even if I try moving it by hand.

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 22 Mar 2015

The GenIV electric seats are known to break the mount for the front tilt causing the front corner of the seat to be loose and can be lifted by hand. Usually the function still works, as it is only the bracket that has come away from the seat base.

To fix it you need to pull the seat out,  remove the squab (the bit your back rests against) strip the seat cushion and remove all the motor drive gear just leaving the metal frame. Once you have the bare frame, just weld the tab back on using the two broken spot welds to align the bracket.

As the seats are only spot welded, I ran over all the welds on mine with a mig to prevent any thing else from popping a spot weld. I did this because I'm a fat forker. :)