#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

Sorry guys. House is now sold, so no need to have photos of it, or a massive description of what was done.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 hoff

hoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Epic write up mate. Good job. Can't wait to see some pictures of it all.

#3 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

Good read. Definitely have picked up a few tips.

Posted Image

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

Epic post.

Sounds like your place wad heaps worse than mine.

Three phase is a great move. Big power items ate more efficient on 415v than 240v.

We are consdering a major reno/ extension and three phase is a must.

I feel your pain fixing dodgy 'tradesman' work. We too had a wall built over carpet! Also, all the paint on the skirting and architraves could be peeled off with a finger nail. I had to remove all of it, strip it with a heat gun then prime and refit. We did all our trim in white full gloss enamel. Tricky to do well but with little kids, so easy to clean.

Not really looking forward to the arguments that will come with the next stage.....

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#5 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

Mighty House Mods

tIeW8DE.png

#6 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

What an epic read Ben. I couldn't even imagine doing anything like that. But it does sound like you have turned it into an awesome home.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#7 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

Me and my wife bought new last year, and just the amount of stuff that is already going wrong is crazy. 

Good work getting stuck into it though, You will be very pleased with yourself once it is finished.

#8 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

That's insane mate!

Despite the lows with your partner I'm sure you'll both come out stronger together and have an awesome pad to show for it!

Can't wait to see what rolls out of that shed!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#9 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

Ok, have put in a whole heap of photos. More will come as I get my stash of them worked out. These are just what I had sitting there on my phone and backup drive.

Yeah Jase, the 3 phase opened up a much bigger range of air-cons when we told the engineer we would be going over to it. Thats half the reasoning behind getting it - the efficency. As for paint, enamel paints are certainly the go for trims - we went Solver M90 preps undercoat (solvent based) and also Solver trims high gloss enamel for the finishes - so much easier to clean, but yes, a prick to put on. Its amazing how much a white high gloss trim will lighten a room up.

Hopefully things don't get too bad with the new house man, is never fun when things start breaking - Its one thing thats making me wary of buying a new house - you sort of expect to find things to fix on an old one, but its painful when you find things in a new one. I've heard of some builders giving up their final payment on houses to avoid fixing the issues found during the final inspection.

Oh yes Bennie, the B4 will come out an absolute weapon once I finally get a chance to work on her. Might be a while though - We just sold the missus Honda MDX to help pay some more bills, so the B4 is back on daily duties for while longer.

Thanks for the replies fellas, kind of explains the lack of progress on the car I think... photos don't really do this place justice. The ones when we first bought it are so dark they hide a lot of the imperfections that you could see walking through. Although the final ones aren't bad at showing the goodness.

Cheers,

Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#10 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Geez mate,

Those before pics, yes while hard to see, are a world apart from what you've created in those after pics!

You should be proud of what you've done!

I'm looking forward to more pics when you have the time ;) And one or two of your subi!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#11 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Yeah Jase, the 3 phase opened up a much bigger range of air-cons when we told the engineer we would be going over to it. Thats half the reasoning behind getting it - the efficency. As for paint, enamel paints are certainly the go for trims - we went Solver M90 preps undercoat (solvent based) and also Solver trims high gloss enamel for the finishes - so much easier to clean, but yes, a prick to put on. Its amazing how much a white high gloss trim will lighten a room up.

I did our trims in Dulux full gloss enamel but I added some of this to the paint:

p-penetrol_1.jpg

Made it so much easier to use and the paint flowed so well, it dried to a mirror finish. No brush marks at all!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#12 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

Thats an awesome transformation inside and out! 

Nicely done.

OEM+

#13 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Might have to look at some of that stuff then. We had a painter mate put some stuff in that helps speed up the drying time, but that stuff sounds great. Will look into if the local joint can get some in. Thanks cruisn, getting those words from you feels great.

#14 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

Credit where its due. :)

I know the pain of tile adhesive. Just had all our tiles ripped up and boards put down. Tile adhesive was ground off. Never seen so much dust inside a house!

OEM+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users