4 replies to this topic

#1 munted

munted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

Hey peeps,

I own a nice example of the (1999( MY00 Impreza RX hatch.   its a really nice car to drive handles like its on rails, hopefully i will upgrade the engine eventually.

I've owned it for a while now, put approx 70,000 kms on it, it's primary purpose is the business vehicle and as i travel a bit it gets a lot of use and abuse.

i have a slight head gasket leak, it;s oil to ground so not major i've also thrown a few codes on the ecu.  i will be looking to rebuild the engine in the short term or replacing the engine.

Anyway i digress, my main issue is there is no FSM for the RX, or a 2.0l NA EJ20.  MY applied body code doesn't exist according to this thread;

http://www.subyclub....odes-explained/

My applied model code is: GF8HKFJ

My engine code is:  EJ201NW2VD which is fine, series 1 EJ20 manual.

I am hoping someone can explain the body code for me? and someone could point to the correct service manual, or to the correct place to get it from.

Thanks 

Rob.

* edit before posting*

Perhaps someone could actually explain WTF the RX actually is as well, that would be neat

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

G = Impreza
F = First generatrion hatch/wagon

8 = 2L

RX is a trim level. From what ive seen of GF8 RX its basically a WRX with out a turbo engine

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Yep - RX is the best NA GC/GF Impreza you can get with a naturally aspirated engine. 

Being an MY00 model, it would also be one of the last GF's before the GD (bugeye) hit the show rooms. 

In terms of service manual, they're all basically the same car from 93-00 however base models had the 1.8 and the RX had the 2.0. I'm sure there wouldn't be separate manuals for both, rather a combined Impreza manual.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Even a gen 2 liberty manual would be a good start in terms of mechanical. 90% the same chassis just a different body

tIeW8DE.png

#5 munted

munted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

Even a gen 2 liberty manual would be a good start in terms of mechanical. 90% the same chassis just a different body

Thanks Barb, thats a good start

Yep - RX is the best NA GC/GF Impreza you can get with a naturally aspirated engine. 

Being an MY00 model, it would also be one of the last GF's before the GD (bugeye) hit the show rooms. 

In terms of service manual, they're all basically the same car from 93-00 however base models had the 1.8 and the RX had the 2.0. I'm sure there wouldn't be separate manuals for both, rather a combined Impreza manual.

I was having a scroll through this page:

http://ken-gilbert.c...comment-1025340

the problem i was finding is all the manuals there are either 1.8, 2.2 or 2.5l versions.

i have a couple of haynes online manuals as well but trying to find one for an RX is next to impossible.

all i'm really after is the diagnostic section for troubleshooting.

poor scoobs has thrown a code 12 and 22

starter circuit and knock sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users