• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 STI_Tom

STI_Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone, have a MY15 STI and the immobiliser has a 90's spec siren/chirp sound when locking and unlocking the doors.

Not only is it annoying but I live in close proximity to other people in my townhouse complex and I don't think they appreciate it when I leave for work at 6.30 in the morning or get back home at midnight from a car cruise.

I can't find anything on the siren/chirp in the owners manual and I have found a few guides online but they are only for the keyed start models, mine is a push button start and the procedure involves inserting/removing the key and I can't emulate it with the push button, I've tried a few ways with no success.

So has anyone managed to turn this feature off in a late-model suby with push button start? Any help is appreciated!

2rr85lh.jpg

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

I have no idea if it is the same, but my B4 alarm used to be lock or unlock 10 times consecutively (same function, not lock, unlock, lock, unlock 10 times) to change from chirps to no chirps. Try that and see how you go.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 STI_Tom

STI_Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

I have no idea if it is the same, but my B4 alarm used to be lock or unlock 10 times consecutively (same function, not lock, unlock, lock, unlock 10 times) to change from chirps to no chirps. Try that and see how you go.

Will try this tomorrow and see how it goes

2rr85lh.jpg

#4 STI_Tom

STI_Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Didn't work, will have to go ask Subaru to turn it off for me.

2rr85lh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users