• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Well I thought it was time I put up my tortoise build as it will likely be a long time project thing for now being my daily.... as well as still deciding whether it's worth putting the money into a fwd ej22 that cost me $500..

Tbh I wasn't even going to do a build post but then again what the hell...

Here's the stockest looking photo I could find of her... Only additions were Dylan's old tip destined white Rx boot and spoiler and the 04 Liberty 17s i picked up.
9e53a1723515be8be47883bd5467986a.jpg

Since then its been some 04 front and rear seats (rears not fully installed yet, gotta see if the mounts will line up on the backs)... Also picked up a hkb boss kit with cruise control on eBay for $20 so chucked the ugly black and chrome steering wheel you can see in the photo
b9d86d3c0bb56266065d640cef52d3ea.jpg

And most recently I picked up a beat up Rx front bar and fogs (naturally in white to match my boot!)... Test fitted on the weekend for fun
8e28aa6600e0426c93907a8ee995d5a8.jpg

That's it so far... I've got some audm sti springs that will likely be next to go in and an mrt muffler with a 4" tip that may also go on in the future...

#2 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

Need to replace the grille with a Hello Kitty one. Transformers are so 2007.......

Good starting point but. Thing with project cars is they take a huge amount of time and money to get them where you want, but hopefully one day, you'll be able to say you've accomplished it.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#3 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Need to replace the grille with a Hello Kitty one. Transformers are so 2007.......

Good starting point but. Thing with project cars is they take a huge amount of time and money to get them where you want, but hopefully one day, you'll be able to say you've accomplished it.

Ha-ha for sure, couldn't find a chrome one quick enough though and it was better than the no badge that was there...

And yeah, I see from the other projects around that's the case... Maybe one day

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Gen4 seats need much fettling to get them to fit?

OEM+

#5 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

Gen4 seats need much fettling to get them to fit?

Little bit of persuasion but it will work... Rear bench fits but there's a gap under the seat and the bolt thingy is too short so I've put temporary lengtheners in till I can cut and weld the original gx ones onto it...

#6 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

Fresh from Japan...
c0363ef5f1c611b50f134e7b2b2d16a3.jpg

Also picked up some what were listed as na 04 liberty 2pot/1pot calipers and rotors for $55 but when they arrived they turned out to be GT brakes with 315mm front so a happy surprise.

So with things going right, by next weekend the brakes and Sti springs will be in and will be stopping harder and more lows.

Although with my last oil change only giving me 2L of sludge back I'm sure there's some internal issues that need sorting :(

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users