• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:55 PM

When buying common parts that you should be able to find through a store like Supercheap or Repco how do you guys go about helping the store staff identify your vehicle on their system?

I have been often given the wrong parts in various stores by the staff who struggle to find my 3GEN B4 on their system. They ask for make, model, etc but the only turbo'd Liberty on the system is not my car.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

What specifically are you looking for?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:02 PM

I find the on-line parts finder at supercheapauto pretty handy: http://www.superchea...rts-finder.aspx

The Suby part finder at  http://opposedforces.com/parts/  is super handy for finding the OEM part number (but be aware this is not AUDM).

Just remember most things are the same as any Gen3 Lib.. except for those that are different - opposedforces can help here as you can find both.

Its worth finding out the oem or 3rd-party part number before you approach the store, but if the guy at Repco/etc can't decipher "2002 Liberty B4" - then they're an idiot.  I find the guys and gals at my local Repco pretty good.

If you're looking for stuff like suspension bushes, then check out non-OEM vendors like nolothane, whiteline, febest.

#4 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

I'm not looking for anything in particular right now, but for things like oil filters, air con belts and other simple parts I prefer to just head around to my local store.

I've been given the wrong parts more often than not and recently have just been taking note of the old part number before heading in. Depending on the part that's a real pain.

but if the guy at Repco/etc can't decipher "2002 Liberty B4" - then they're an idiot.

- Well either I'm giving them bad information, or their lookup system sucks, or they're all idiots as you say. Repco, AutoBarn and Supercheap have all had trouble at some stage.

#5 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

I'm not looking for anything in particular right now, but for things like oil filters, air con belts and other simple parts I prefer to just head around to my local store.

I've been given the wrong parts more often than not and recently have just been taking note of the old part number before heading in. Depending on the part that's a real pain.

- Well either I'm giving them bad information, or their lookup system sucks, or they're all idiots as you say. Repco, AutoBarn and Supercheap have all had trouble at some stage.

I think the problem is you didn't go in and ask for a part for a VL commodore.

#6 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

I think the problem is you didn't go in and ask for a part for a VL commodore.

lol. And not just because it is a common vehicle either. ;) Might as well put the part list on a poster somewhere...

#7 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm a parts person at a bursons, I really isn't that hard for them to find correctly, must just be dealing with duds. My local repco and super cheap or always call us to get parts as they struggle with.

freeway.jpeg 

#8 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,419 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

I work for Supercheap

And if they can't find a b4 in the listings they are blind...

Most parts systems would be similar

#9 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

Sadly there is no Burson's here in Armidale, but my experience with Burson's in Coffs has been good.

#10 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

Sadly there is no Burson's here in Armidale, but my experience with Burson's in Coffs has been good.

the different thing with bursons over repco or super cheap is we mainly deal with the trade customer and trade parts not the retail seat covers etc, I got a super cheap 2 min walk from my store, they send us customers all day long as they know we find the tricky stuff and return the favor with sending the the retail stuff we don't want to deal with. In my store there are 3 ex mechanics so when u ask for the strange shit we know what ur talking about

freeway.jpeg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users