• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skyrex

skyrex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

So seeing as I had a spectacular first post in the lawn mowing thread of all places, and forgetting about it until now. Seems overdue for a thread on our Foz, and the little mods done and planned for it.

This is her:

2009 Satin White Pearl XTP :D

scf1pc.jpg

Current mod list consists of:

K&N Panel filter (+resonatorectomy)
Hi-Tech stainless mufflers on rear, mating up to otherwise a completely standard exhaust
LED parkers and rear number plate lights (bought it with blown parkers lol)
Whiteline Front (24mm) and Rear (22mm) Swaybars
Pedders XA Coilovers
Liberty GT front brake upgrade
Subaru OE towbar/ball
Meshed lower part of bumper where you could see the lower rad/reo bar.
Meshed in the bonnet scoop with left over stuff
Reversing sensors

Shopping list/Plans for it (unbeknown to the wife :-P):

* Exhaust upgrades - Possibly UEL or Equal Length Headers, up-pipe, definitely a down-pipe.
I want to keep it as quiet as I can (has a really nice subtle burble to it), but just make it flow better/more efficient.

* Tune - it's officially the family car, not mine :-P Plus it's a big step for the wife having a 1.8L Corolla for 7 years, then coming into a 2.5L Turbo in comparison.
Power gains are probably a by-product of increasing economy, but the plan is not to shoot for max power, just enough to make it a more efficient/economical as a daily.

* Reverse camera - Will be ripping out the stock HU and going aftermarket unit with reverse camera and full BT functionality, etc. Not going to bother with band-aiding the stock HU. Currently looking at possibly a Pioneer with MirrorPlay.

* Eventually new wheels if we find a nice set - just put brand new tyres on it the day we picked it up.

* Got a few other cosmetic ideas planned for it here and there, nothing extravagant, but otherwise I am just focusing on the functional mods above. Would also love to get a roof pod later down the track, and get the lid SWP colour matched but we have nowhere to store it when not in use for now.

That's pretty much it for now.

Thanks for looking!  :drinks:

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Cool,looks very tidy.

#3 craig_

craig_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

Team white!

#4 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:28 PM

"* Reverse camera - Will be ripping out the stock HU and going aftermarket unit with reverse camera and full BT functionality, etc. Not going to bother with band-aiding the stock HU. Currently looking at possibly a Pioneer with MirrorPlay."

Is your stock HU the Navi unit? Not too hard to add reverse camera.

#5 skyrex

skyrex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Cheers all.

Yeah the stock is the Kenwood Navi unit. I've seen/found the guy in the US that makes the adapter cable for ~$20.

But ultimately the stock unit is somewhat lacking in features without having to source OE add-ons for iPod integration, BT media streaming, etc.

So will inevitably do away with the unit and just go for something that has everything we want out of the box.

#6 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

Yeah Dave from ae64.com? I used his harnesses, they are great.

Yeah Navi is basic, but I like the factory look, most aftermarket HU's look too glossy and out of place in the SH interior. I did look into painting an aftermarket unit grey :P

There's a strong market for your Navi when you sell it, some go for ~$250-300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users