←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Shiv's Liberty RX 2.5L

Shiv's Photo Shiv 25 Jun 2009

Update sig! *starts the chant* :P

Oh yeh :lol:

I might give the car a good wash this weekend and re-take my driveway pic so you can all see the changes my car has undergone recently and money its generous owner has poured into it without question :P

Morgan's Photo Morgan 25 Jun 2009

rims look great, courtesy lights work a treat, HU fits in perfectly - even comes with colour coded illumination! (Mark would be proud!) youve done well shiv!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 25 Jun 2009

rims look great, courtesy lights work a treat, HU fits in perfectly - even comes with colour coded illumination! (Mark would be proud!)
youve done well shiv!

Needs a little more GO now :lol:

I'm particularly happy with the H/U though. Those who know me would be aware of my need for all the lights to match - much like Mark. Thats why I've had the stock H/U for so long! This new H/U has heaps of colours - anything from Passion Red to Forest Green. I'd def recommend it!

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 25 Jun 2009

That is looking HAWT Shiv. Well done. Bar looks good as does the HU. It looks like a factory item and glad you made the choice that the HU illumination matches the rest. ;)

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 25 Jun 2009

nice HU my clarion does the same, i just set it to random colour, so its always changing:) so whens this cannon being put on :P

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 25 Jun 2009

Very nicely done Shiv. Wheels looks tops. I now have HU envy, big time!!!!!! Cheers J

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 25 Jun 2009

I Just started stripping my dash down and color coding all my switches orange/red all is coming along nicely... BUT I BLAME YOU AND MARK for the fact i ran out of petrol today cause i didnt realise i reset the odo... damn you making me feel bad for having odd colors lol looks good though mate, really does match well.

Dylan's Photo Dylan 26 Jun 2009

Shiv mate, very very nice additions. I really do admire you for the mods that you do to your car, all very sensible (if such a thing exists with modding cars) and neat. Mark is right, the new HU really looks factory spec and the rims look great too. I really think you should be proud of what your car is today, and the improvements you've made on it since the day you bought it... Well done! I was actually thinking about you yesterday just when I sent you that SMS and the fact you've mentioned that you're keen on going to a turbo, only that you are leaning more toward selling this and buying a Legacy. With all that, I'd like to ask you: With all of the money, time and effort you've put in to this and all of the things you have changed and improved - are you considering having this car converted rather than selling it, or would you sell this one and start again with a genuine TT Legacy? I also know you're a big fan of the Gen2 wagons. Genuinely interested to learn your opinion on it all, and where you're looking to go in the future. Dylan

Shiv's Photo Shiv 26 Jun 2009

Thanks all for the kind words :)

Mark - I'm getting old. So NO cannon! I like my cars quiet and smooth, haha....

Shiv mate, very very nice additions. I really do admire you for the mods that you do to your car, all very sensible (if such a thing exists with modding cars) and neat.

Mark is right, the new HU really looks factory spec and the rims look great too. I really think you should be proud of what your car is today, and the improvements you've made on it since the day you bought it... Well done!

I was actually thinking about you yesterday just when I sent you that SMS and the fact you've mentioned that you're keen on going to a turbo, only that you are leaning more toward selling this and buying a Legacy. With all that, I'd like to ask you:

With all of the money, time and effort you've put in to this and all of the things you have changed and improved - are you considering having this car converted rather than selling it, or would you sell this one and start again with a genuine TT Legacy? I also know you're a big fan of the Gen2 wagons.

Genuinely interested to learn your opinion on it all, and where you're looking to go in the future.

Dylan

Dylan - I'm SUPPOSED to be saving for a Legacy! :lol: But the modding bug has finally begun and I'm finding it very hard to stop! I'm sure many of you can relate to this....

I still have my heart set on a Legacy wagon. It would be cheaper and easier overall. But now the attachment have to it has grown even more making it even harder to even consider selling it.

Generally speaking, all I've really done to my car is make it more like a Legacy. Any differences can be carried over onto another Legacy. But theres no way I can convert my car into a wagon, so the moddings gotta stop sometime.

I'm at a crossroads regarding whether I should keep and convert, or sell and buy a genuine Legacy straight out of the box.

But put it this way - if my EJ25 were to give up on me in a big way (head gasket failure, big end etc), I would convert my car without hesitation. I'm not a fan boy so I've got no problems driving a sedan. But ultimately, I'm going to aim to get a genuine JDM TT, complete with all the yum cha goodness that comes with it :)

Next mod on the cards:
Picking up a Legacy rear garnish sometime this w/e.

Stupid modding bug <_<

Blaeven's Photo Blaeven 26 Jun 2009

i like the legacy rear garnish... but not for the fact that it says legacy... but because the "fog lights" are bigger and look much better as extra brake lights... shiv, just convert yours... it's so immaculate, you'll have a hard time finding such a good example anywhere else...

Soop's Photo Soop 26 Jun 2009

Get some nicer wheels for it.

alexGT's Photo alexGT 28 Jun 2009

i converted mine and there was nothing wrong with the motor :D TT = fail. read all of alex's problems he has had with his. in the long run you'll end up spending way more and get less out of it! single make more power and is a lot more fun to drive!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 02 Jul 2009

Hi guys,

Latest update for those of you who aren't in Syd and didn't see it last night at the meet:

- Got the Legacy garnish fitted :) This is just a pic of the car with its engine off and its park lights on.
BEFORE:
Posted Image
AFTER
Posted Image

When the brakes are applied, the dual filament globes brighten, hence becoming additional brake lights. The brakes are not applied in the picture. Its also slightly tinted, which I didn't realise until someone pointed it out to me last night.

- I also got some "look at me!" LED strips in between the bumper and the headlights now.
- And finally - I got replacement spot lights for those 10+ year old originals which were totally fogged up and utterly useless as a source of light.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The LED strips are practically invisible when turned off, which is good. They give my car a more distinct look.
*awaits Audi comments* :P

And the spotties provide a good high beam plus I'm happy they integrate nicely with the projectors foggies/headlights :)

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 02 Jul 2009

Nice fairy lights! :P jk looks good mate, needs a liberty badge removal now, i think your cars a bit confused

Nice fairy lights! :P jk looks good mate, needs a liberty badge removal now, i think your cars a bit confused

Haha thanks!
Yeh its a bit of a cross dresser now.

ams's Photo ams 02 Jul 2009

Need more HKS stickers. Why fairy lights?

Need more HKS stickers.

Why fairy lights?

I just like the look of them pretty much. I was after something like this for a while now :) Pretty happy with the result!

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 02 Jul 2009

where'd you get the fairy lights from? do your rx fog lights still work? looking good now :)

where'd you get the fairy lights from?

do your rx fog lights still work?

looking good now :)

Got 'em off from a work colleague of mine who imports them from China :)

Yeh the foggies still work. They're my favourite of all the bazillion lights on/in my car. 3000K HID FTW! :yahoo:

Some random new pics:
JDM outer globe:
Posted Image
Interior shots + new stereo:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Legacy scuff plates:
Posted Image
Bluetooth:
Posted Image
LED lighting:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 02 Jul 2009

I like the last pic, 32 degree's with A/C on :huh: lol, looks very clean!