←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Shiv's Liberty RX 2.5L

Shiv's Photo Shiv 02 Jul 2009

I like the last pic, 32 degree's with A/C on :huh: lol, looks very clean!

LOL

That was a cold night I was out there toughing it and taking pictures before leaving for work or something. I like it warm and toasty in there :lol:

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 02 Jul 2009

haha, but having A/C on is doing the opposite of heating, the A/C trys to make it colder

Shiv's Photo Shiv 02 Jul 2009

haha, but having A/C on is doing the opposite of heating, the A/C trys to make it colder

Yeah my mistake, I got told that last night as well by a fellow member (Aaron) at the monthly meet. Usually I have it in Auto anyway, and it takes care of it for me.

lol good old auto climate, but it takes away all your powaz :P

Dylan's Photo Dylan 02 Jul 2009

I thought AC just reduced the water in the air? Ie. window fogs up so you put AC on regardless of temp and it will dry the air out, and condensation will go away. Dry heat with AC on, risk of a more humid atmosphere in the car with it off. Am I wrong?

Sounds right, waste of power if your using it on your face though not that it makes a difference now, did with the Rx though

Blaeven's Photo Blaeven 02 Jul 2009

I thought AC just reduced the water in the air? Ie. window fogs up so you put AC on regardless of temp and it will dry the air out, and condensation will go away. Dry heat with AC on, risk of a more humid atmosphere in the car with it off.

Am I wrong?

+1

i thought it was referred to as a dehumidifier...

but i may too be wrong

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 02 Jul 2009

mines on auto and if i turn the A/C off all the windows fog up, shits me! but hten i just pop the roof a tiny bit. also WHY does it insist on only heating my feet! i want warmth! i dont think i have ever had it warm anything but my feet lol

Guest_aurelius_* 03 Jul 2009

Is the Legacy garnish supposed to be a little short on the reverse light end? Did you retrofit the 'fairy lights' into the headlights?

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 03 Jul 2009

Is the Legacy garnish supposed to be a little short on the reverse light end?

Thats because the Legacy boot is different and the metal part extends a bit more

Shiv's Photo Shiv 03 Jul 2009

Is the Legacy garnish supposed to be a little short on the reverse light end?

Did you retrofit the 'fairy lights' into the headlights?

Nah, they're in the panel gap between the headlights and the bumper.

Despite the garnish not being a perfect fit on an AUDM boot lid, I wouldn't get the JDM boot lid because:
a.) The cost of buying one and painting it metallic blue isn't going to be cheap
b.) My rego plate would have to be bent to fit
c.) I genuinely prefer the AUDM boot lid + I don't think that little gap where the old garnish was is too bad....

Guest_aurelius_* 04 Jul 2009

Nah, they're in the panel gap between the headlights and the bumper.

Despite the garnish not being a perfect fit on an AUDM boot lid, I wouldn't get the JDM boot lid because:
a.) The cost of buying one and painting it metallic blue isn't going to be cheap
b.) My rego plate would have to be bent to fit
c.) I genuinely prefer the AUDM boot lid + I don't think that little gap where the old garnish was is too bad....

Ahh, I see. I was thinking of doing that above the headlights but i'm not sure if that'd look good...

Yeah, I would've done the same thing to avoid the mass cost. TBH, I really only wanted a Legacy garnish because it's tinted. I don't think i'd put one on though because of the fitment and 'SUBARU' keeps people guessing what car it is :P

Rob's Photo Rob 08 Jul 2009

Man, i need to check back here more often. Your front bar looks sexy and i want it EDIT I see you also did the indicator mod to the JDM foggies... Nice work :P

93tzlegacy's Photo 93tzlegacy 12 Jul 2009

looks good mate, needs CF strut brace ;)

Shiv's Photo Shiv 12 Jul 2009

looks good mate, needs CF strut brace ;)

If a V3 STi brace fits my car, I'll take it ;)

I polished my car last week. Then I went out with my new camera and shiny car. These are the results:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sydney guys - lets go on a photoshoot! (of our cars)

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 12 Jul 2009

very nice shiv! i always liked that color! and cleaned up like that it looks awesome

N/A_EJ22's Photo N/A_EJ22 12 Jul 2009

Very very nice Shiv! All it needs now is a darker tint. Love that grille.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 12 Jul 2009

looks good shiv! photoshoot just for sydney guys? im keen!! will give me some motivation to clean the car too:)

Dylan's Photo Dylan 12 Jul 2009

Nice Shiv!

I LOVE this photo:

Posted Image

Alex's Photo Alex 12 Jul 2009

looking orright. BUT when you're detailing your car, you need to wash and shine inside the wheel arches.