←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Shiv's Liberty RX 2.5L

B4TT's Photo B4TT 12 Jul 2009

looking orright.

BUT

when you're detailing your car, you need to wash and shine inside the wheel arches.

Ja, can see all the dirt and shit still on the mudflaps :D other then that the car looks good.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 12 Jul 2009

Thanks lads :)

Normally I get the sponge in there but yeh I got a bit lazy at the end there and neglected the inner guards.

looks good shiv!

photoshoot just for sydney guys?
im keen!! will give me some motivation to clean the car too:)

You need to come as well so we can use you for your fiance's SLR :P

We half tried to organise a 'shoot a couple months ago, but that amounted to nothing. We should pull the finger out and set something up because we get some nice cars coming to the monthly meets and its a shame to relegate them to countless Hooters carpark photos.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 13 Jul 2009

Posted Image

Paint work looks mint.

Niiiicely done. :drinks:

Morgan's Photo Morgan 13 Jul 2009

You need to come as well so we can use you for your fiance's SLR

wow that sounds so weird! i think ill finally get used to that word and then she'll become my wife....!!

yea i will definitely bring it! where do you syd peeps go for a good shoot? i rekon start in the arvo sometime and then let it go into the night. get some good shots when it is light/sunset/and then some dark shots...with lights and water in the background?? :)

Alex's Photo Alex 14 Jul 2009

needs more.... oh yeah. wait, wha?

Alex's Photo Alex 14 Jul 2009

more level horizons when you take photos. oh. and it needs moarr WAGON!

Shiv's Photo Shiv 14 Jul 2009

wow that sounds so weird! i think ill finally get used to that word and then she'll become my wife....!!

yea i will definitely bring it! where do you syd peeps go for a good shoot? i rekon start in the arvo sometime and then let it go into the night. get some good shots when it is light/sunset/and then some dark shots...with lights and water in the background?? :)

LOL I did that deliberately because I knew you would still be getting use to hearing that :P

There are good places all over town. Best done during the day I rekon because it can be hard getting good lighting at night. Def have a think about it....

Shiv's Photo Shiv 10 Nov 2009

Just thought I'd brush this thread up and give it a mild update:

I got a carbon fiber STi strut brace a couple months ago. Many thanks to Dylan and John-e for the install! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

^Wish I'd gotten it sooner, its great! Pretty decent bang for your buck in terms of improving the cars handling without having to change/modify suspension and compromising ride quality or acqiring the "tramlining" effect.

After finally getting an MP3 compatible head deck, my mate gave me a 12" Kenwood sub + I purchased a 1000W Clarion Amp:

Posted Image
Posted Image

It goes really well, and I barely use it to its full capability. Very nice having a decent thump accompanying the music :D

Morgan's Photo Morgan 10 Nov 2009

You been driving on the beach recently? (Note: see first pic of thread!)

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 10 Nov 2009

Sti brace looks wicked! Wish mine would hurry up and come!

Yeh Morgs, went up yours and Mark's way a couple weeks ago to Stockton for the first time and loved it. Obviously couldn't go all the way to the beach itself given my cars obvious limitations, but the AWD system is certainly worth its weight in gold on a surface like that. Even managed to pass a bogged X-Trail with my low profile tyres, heheh... Good fun :)

Adam's Photo Adam 10 Nov 2009

You been driving on the beach recently? (Note: see first pic of thread!)

+1 i would like to know this location :)

+1 i would like to know this location :)

Rightio:
Stockton Sand Dunes:
http://www.totaltrav...kton-sand-dunes

*Note - technically you require a permit from one of the local servos to drive on but meh...

how far along did you go? i wouldnt mind giving it a go, but i dunno if my car is suitable for sand driving...

Morgan's Photo Morgan 10 Nov 2009

We went a few years back in the 4Runner with a couple of mates - one who happened to be in an X-Trail...it was the only one that didnt make it to the other side! Stockton is awesome fun cant wait to do it again sometime soon in the 80 series!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah id love to take the land bruizer on there, but also the wagon would be fun, but only on the tame stuff haha ;) (if there is any!)

how far along did you go? i wouldnt mind giving it a go, but i dunno if my car is suitable for sand driving...

Not far, Adam.

The dunes themselves are massive and our cars won't get close to them.

But you'll be fine driving the first couple hundred meters in until eventually the grooves in the sand diminish and you'd be wanting better tyres, not to mention far more ground clearance!

Still, I'd recommend making the treck up north and checking it out for what its worth. Perfectly easy to be having lots of fun at 20 or 30km/h :)

I Remember going with school in year 10 i think it was, we got a tour and did sand duning and stuff. i dunno if id trust myself not to get stuck!

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 10 Nov 2009

Stockton ay, I'm guessing you got on at the Anna bay end? I seen a supra up that end once :P it's good after it's rained cause the sand is harder, would be a nice spot for a cruise+BBQ, might be a bit far for some of you Sydney folk but :( Waaaait... If you got on from the Stockton end (where the boat wrck is) then that's a pretty good effort!

Alex's Photo Alex 10 Nov 2009

You're all mad. You churn up the sand under your cars, and you're effectively sandblasting the undersides of your car. with the presence of salty air, helloooooooo rust. Still, it didn't stop me in my old subaru....