23 replies to this topic

#21 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

I've had no troubles with mine running the factory tf035 turbo on the standard ecu map with a 3" turbo back (Xforce dump, 100 cell cat and turboXS oval mufler), maybe marginally worse fuel consumption but that's expected, never any troubles with misfire etc that jordan is getting.

Cams runs a td04 on his GT with 3" turboback no troubles he has a mild internet tune now, but ran it untuned when he first purchased it before hand on the same setup. 

ll of these cars are MY01-02 GT foresters not series one with a learning GC8 type ecu.

I would understand these problems if injectors, intake or turbo had been upgraded but they haven't at this point.  

#22 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

All 01-02 GT Forester ECU's are "learning" type ECU's
The early ones don't care, they just run what they're programmed to apart from closed loop 02 and idle functions.

I know that some cars you can throw mods at and they don;t have issues ever, some do.

the issue arises when you get a couple of sensors (take AFM and o2 in this example) are drifting out of calibration, 
Say the o2 is off by 2-3% in the rich direction, ECU takes out a bit of fuel, not a big deal by itself.
Add to that a MAF that's dirty/ dying and is off by another 2-3%, suddenly your corrections are 6% off which is a significant error.

Add to that another ~5% error from the airflow mods, and you're a long way from optimum where the ECU simply cannot keep itself happy.

noting that these individual small errors are well within the limits to stop the ECU throwing a CEL code.

#23 Jordan

Jordan

Jordyshore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

Just to update the thread: Issue has been fixed today.

Went off to my mechanic, who cleaned all sensors, as well as a thorough clean of the throttle body.

Also noticed some loose clamps/connections under the intercooler which was fixed and the car runs great now. 

Cheap, annoying problem that i couldn't manage to find myself i guess haha. 

Jordan - MY02 Forester GT - Sydney

#24 LPM_B4

LPM_B4

LPM_FOZ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

Happy days mate always something small or silly :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users