2 replies to this topic

#1 Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hey everyone,

I have an 05 Forester, non-turbo, and was looking into installing some after market gauges. I am thinking of putting in an oil pressure gauge and a volt gauge. My question is does anybody know where the oil pressure sending unit is located? Also, if anybody has any experience with after market gauges and has any advice on setting them up, I would appreciate the input.

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:32 AM

Generally on the non turbo models, they run an oil pressure switch rather than pressure sender. The new gauge will come with a sender, unless you buy a mechanical gauge. Be aware its not legal to run pressurised oil lines inside the cabin. Electronic is the only way to go. Get somewhere to mount the sender (and maybe someone depending on your level of expertise) and run your wires where you want to the back of the gauge. They usually give you lots of cable, so distance isnt normally an issue. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Maximus Prime

Maximus Prime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Thanks a lot for the info man, that was a big help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users