Photo

Show us your Subaru and tell us where you have been!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

Everyone knows Subaru for their AWD technology and rally prowess.  We’ve seen a lot of great creations Subaru owners have built throughout the years that have gotten them through thick and thin, whether they be Foresters and Outbacks for family adventures, WRXs and STIs for grassroots rally events, or even the new BRZ which is perfect for track days and gymkhanas.  We love seeing new builds fresh off the workshop floor and the old builds you’ve been maintaining and refining for all these years, so show us your Subaru and tell us where you have been below!

#2 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

MY97 Forester Limited
Gutless, but was a reasonable car for light touring
Wheels and Exhaust

CarPIX30.jpg

MY99 Forester GT
Was raised, then lowered,
Turbo, exhaust, wheels, suspension, ECU tuning (150KW ATW)
Fun car for anything

img_2353-2.jpg

MY94 JDM Legacy GT
Evil Twin-turbo abomination that Subaru should be ashamed to have ever put in their cars.
Engine swapped for 206KW GT-B EJ20R, everything was modified,
ECU Loom rewired for matching ECU for the engine, Exhaust, AM Auto Dump pipes

DSC_0794.jpg
179039_484492657454_626857454_65355.jpg

MY06 Liberty 3.0R-B
Lowered on TB-STi Bilsteins and Pink Springs
GT-B Wheels, ECU Tune
OR
1" Lift blocks and outback Wheels/ Tyres for touring

IMG_3606_zps44023cdb.jpg
2015-01-24%2015.54.36.jpg

MY10 Forester 2.0D Premium
It Goes Everywhere
16" Speedlines with BFG All Terrains
STi Mufflers, EGR Delete and ECU tune to make ~90Nm MORE Torque.. :D
SubaXtreme Sump-Guard, ECB Nudge Bar
Custom folding flat floor and drawers, Dual Battery system

IMG_2441.jpg
2015-09-18%2008.25.17.jpg

#3 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

love the SH Rob. Looks awesome with that wheel and tyre combo!

My family always had Subaru's when i was growing up. My parents first Subaru was an 1800 Wagon bought from Taree John Deer & Subaru.

I've currently got two Subaru's, an MY98 Subaru Liberty Heritage and an MY04 Forester XT.

My Liberty was my first subaru and i still own her. We've been through a lot together and suspect we're stuck with each other for ever. Converted to turbo using a built EJ205, WRX gearbox + other bits and pieces interior and exterior.

hippo_zpsizbpth71.jpg

Foz XT - This is my daily so only a few subtle mods and a tune. 

10481545_10152619012998725_2108983489077

foz_zps8f473cf0.jpg

My old MY96 JDM Legacy GT. Full V4 STI Engine and driveline swap + series 2 body kit.

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

and last but not least, my Subaru Sherpa Super Deluxe (i actually had two of these). 

IMG_0594_zpsqu0oi2nt.jpg

IMG_0595_zpsnr0yxzdq.jpg

IMG_0596_zps9cbc73el.jpg

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#4 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

Awesome thanks for sharing everyone! Keep them coming. :)

#5 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Few of the clubs cars are in this video from last years HVC

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#6 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

Bit of a JDM fanatic, here's where it started!

'92 GX AWD 
Converted with early WRX running gear. At it's most ricer stage. Hey, we were young once.

CaptainGX001.jpg

'97 Legacy GTB
This one was a bit of a lemon unfortunately, but I persisted until it finally got the better of me. Change hands from me on it's 4th motor. Strangely, it was the one I was most attached to.

100_1302.jpg 

'07 Liberty GT-B
This was a fantastic car, and a bargain. I always wished it was a wagon. For me, it just did everything a little too well which made me miss the rough and raw edge of early models.

107_0008.jpg

After the Liberty GT i snuck to the other side and had myself a Ford Focus XR5, which was THE most fun in a car I ever had.
I eventually moved that on to free up some financial pain and got into the next Subaru. They're like Pringles...

'98 Legacy GT-B
This is my current car and has had an unfortunate life since been imported into Australia around 2008. I am focusing on bringing it back to life. Compared to when I picked her up. she's come a long way.

SAM_0543_zpscea555ff.jpg

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#7 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

So much wing... :D :D

And WIN!
but you keep persisting with those bloody Twins

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hmm.. Where to start.

First Subaru, and first car was a 1998 RX Bilstein edition. Had a friend who owned one, loved it so had to get my own. Ended up finding one from Victoria, getting RACV check done on her then towed up here. Unfortunately had a few issues, blown HG for was in for disappointment from day one!! Fast forward a bit and blew the motor again, so naturally decided to do a conversion... What a stupid idea.

Found a donor Liberty with 95/96 WRX gear in her, with AM Auto loom , so was able to change it all over. Had a few good years out of her, but did have a lot of little issues and problems (radiators going, hoses bursting, fences...) and eventually she met her maker in the middle of a highway. Anyway, good riddance. Was in a pretty bad spot money wise, so the payout helped me clear myself out of a large debt hole. 

567288185_8b8a1631ac.jpg

1667925530_8c5396d164.jpg

3248304593_3da7b298d1.jpg

Fast forward a few years and I was ready to get in to a Silvia. Didn't know jack stuff all about them, so was stupid enough to buy another gen2. This one was a bit of a fixer-up, which is cool. Got her for a good price and starting work to getting it all sorted. Picture standard ass white gen2 RX, with a few love taps and a dent on the drivers door.

Saved up cash, got a limited bar, early WRX buckets, few other bits and pieces. Full closed door respray. Bought a bug eye STi in Japan and got it chopped and shipped over here. Conversion still underway, having to work around a very busy mechanic to get time in his shop so this whole process is taking a lot longer than expected. 6MT, ej207, full GDB running gear. Pictures below. Can't wait for her to be finished!! CHOP!!

2014-12-25.jpg

2015-01-01 (1).jpg
2015-01-07.jpg

4302666841705707773.jpg

#9 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

First car and subaru was a 98 GX Liberty. Spent a lot of time and money on but the EJ22 really wasnt doing it for me, neither was the paint work or the extra work required to convert to turbo.
qHsLNB1.jpg

Enter the white 98 RX. Had good paint on the non removable panels, blown head gaskets and filthy but it was free, white, had slightly more power to hold me over until boost, easy to convert to boost and would be a good learning experience. All the parts from my GX was eventually transfered over to the new RX
l8eSQNl.jpg

Last weekend the turbo conversion began with a gen 3 wagon with a V4 STI EJ20K in it so the car is currently in many pieces in my front yard :P

lnPY67o.jpg

tIeW8DE.png

#10 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:39 PM

Short and sweet Suby stories, I like the idea.

Here's mine.

And yes I name all of my cars, so forking what!

First Suby, Herty, a MY99 Gen3 Heritage automatic. 

BC V1 coilovers, cannon muffler, Gen4 rims, custom grille.... Not much else but a very tidy machine.

1_zpsiixzngq7.jpg

After getting chopped off the lights, badly, by a Silver B4 one morning on the way to work in Chatswood (and engine death pending)  I chose to go the TT conversion route. Bought a repairable write off from Johny Bravo (BE4ORE) in melbourne with a HPF tune, dumps & exhaust.

Hello Brokeykong.

IMG_0872_zpsd0147717.jpg

Merged the heritage with the B4 and ended up with this B4ritage.

Whitekong. My baby. So many monies and love given.

3_zpst7y7ghzf.jpg

My next Suby was an MY02 RX2.5 Liberty purchased from my cousin to use as a daily driver.  Old mate Cuz spared no expense on maintenance and I knew the complete history of the car, but it still ended up being a Lemon and cost me way more than I wanted to spend.

Still pissed at this car.

You suck, Bluekong.

4_zpsfxsuyumr.jpg

Along came the Hobo. A neglected & molested 2002 B4 appropriately named Hobokong.

5_zps7xn4h20x.jpg

She's still a work in progress but here's how she's looking now.

so much work....

6_zpsq580exvx.jpg

DSC_0915_zps207qqit4.jpg

The latest addition to the family... POODIEKONG,  My15 Impreza 2.0 CVT Auto. forking great car, I love it.

7_zps3jhpx8ep.jpg

Poodie & Hobo together on a fine sunny day....

8_zpskgolnfel.jpg

Last pic.... what was left of Whitekong the day she went away  :(  Brakes* ma hart.

9_zpstsi1nybe.jpg

More to come. I can't help myself.

#11 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

You've got a problem, KONG!!!

More to come. I can't help myself.

#12 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I've had three subi's in my life, starting with Ruby Scoo, my $500 L series purchase back in 2004, now slightly modified as an offroad warrior. Many hours of research, build and maintenance gone into this one!

Just can't go past the L series for versatility, ease of maintenance and modifications: Back in the day when she was basically a stock drive train, even then she was converted to MPFI from a touring wagon:

cimg1484au7.jpg

This was on our way home from Perth ^

We've lived in the snow:

p8210067rs.jpg

p8210052rs.jpg

Been in the desert:

izvq.jpg

Stuck in a puddle :(

pb010089rs.jpg

Visited the beach, favourite place for the beach is Robe SA:

dsc3391ruby.jpg

dsc3027robe.jpg

Been three wheeling in the Otways:

web-6.jpg

Pic with the scorpion rims the day I fitted them, stock outback for reference (living in Lakes Entrance):

p3200080rs.jpg

We've had the fun of being upside down, because we can:

dsc8376rubyscoo.jpg

Last offroad outing at McKillop's Bridge then onto the Dedick Tk, Snowy National Park where I left my 2nd gear behind :(

56F2nV.jpg

oTpaPk.jpg

Finally after a number of hurdles and far too much time she's back again:

YoJThz.jpg

List of places we've been: Perth, Nullarbor, Murray Sunset NP, Big Desert SP, Wyperfeld NP, Little Desert NP, Otways, Great Ocean Rd, Robe/Beachport SA, Vic High country, Mt Cole, Grampians, Cobaw SF, Lerdergerg SF, Wombat SF, Bendigo and surrounding areas, Walhalla! That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Can't wait to get out there again - and we're soon to hit the golden 500 :D

My second subaru:

oLxjSH.jpg

rCQ93x.jpg

^ Redback brumby. I got her as a "fix her up", added the black rims and the bullbar. She's currently in need of some panel work :(

There have been other subarus, another L series in the family and another Targa Brumby (Sunnie the Brumby) owned by my mother inlaw. Great little vehicles!

And my current long term project - to bring this unicorn back to it's former glory:

AJkB3V.jpg

:D

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#13 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep