Price (When new): $53,990
Price (Paid): $6,000

40290365940_ea563ef841_b.jpg

42097288911_77e6308b7c_b.jpg

Modifications

Performance

- XForce 2.25 inch mild-steel cat-back
- Custom 2.25 inch stainless-steel header-back
- Magnaflow 59905M high-flow catalytic converters (2x)
- Raptor headers
- DeatschWerks DW65c fuel pump
- EXEDY heavy-duty clutch
- CorgiWerx short shifter
- KiDo E85 tune

Wheels / Tyres

- Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003 225/40R18
- Enkei RS05 18x7.5+50 Gold
- Work RS-R Blue lug nuts

Suspension / Brakes

- Tein Flex-Z Coilovers
- Cusco Strut Brace w/BCS
- Cusco pitch-stop mount
- Cusco rear differential brace
- Whiteline W0506 front control arm bushings
- Whiteline KCA334 anti-lift kit
- Whiteline KCA313 bump-steer correction kit
- Whiteline BSR39Z 20mm rear swaybar
- Whiteline KLC144 adjustable rear sway bar end-links
- AVO HD rear swaybar mount
- Guards rolled by Sydney Guard Rolling
- Alignment done by Heasman Steering & Suspension

- Dixcel M-Type Brake Pads (Front and Rear)
- DBA T2 Street Series Slotted Rotors (Front and Rear)
- Hell Braided Brake Lines in black (Front and Rear)
- Castrol Response Dot 4 Brake Fluid

Exterior

- Subaru Legacy Spec-B front bumper
- Subaru Outback bonnet
- Subaru Sports Mesh grill
- Subaru JDM option waist spoiler
- Subaru LED reverse / foglight
- Ultrex fiberglass eyelids
- HKS180 Black-out headlights with angel eyes
- L.E.D. parker, brake, reverse and indicators
- Show Me Your Tints 15% tint with windshield strip

Interior

- Subaru Impreza WRX STI MY15 shift knob
- Subaru Liberty tbSTI MY07 front seats
- Redline Goods handbrake boot in black nappa leather with red stitching
- Redline Goods shifter boot in black nappa leather with red stitching
- Redline Goods armrest cover in black nappa leather with red stitching
- DAMD D-Shape flat bottom steering wheel in black leather with red stitching
- Steering wheel post facelift conversion

Entertainment / Speakers

- Sony XAV-AX100 head-unit
- Hands-free with Bluetooth
- Reverse camera
- Morel Hybrid 6.5" Two-Way Component front speakers
- Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 602 6.5” Two-way rear speakers
- JL Audio HD900/5 HD 5-Channel Amplifier
- DS18 sound deadener
- Optima D35 Yellow Top battery

Items Awaiting Install

- Replacement MY07 6MT Transmission
- Subaru R180 LSD Differential
- Mantic Stage-1 ms1-2133-box clutch
- Hel Braided clutch-line
- AVO Rear Underbody Brace kit
- Hardrace rear camber arms 8891 (Hardened Rubber)
- Hardrace rear front lateral rams 6834 (Hardened Rubber)
- Hardrace rear rear lateral arms 6834-H (Pillow Ball)
- Whiteline lockout kit KCA307

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#2 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:13 PM

Another member on here has an identical car, yours looks better than his heap of shit.

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

I wonder who that member is? :D

Very nice mate. Looks very similar to mine actually! It's an extremely nice car and the colour is fantastic. It's one of the things I thought I would regret when I first bought it. Keen to see where you take it man.

Whereabouts in NSW are you?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#4 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

I wonder who that member is? :D

Very nice mate. Looks very similar to mine actually! It's an extremely nice car and the colour is fantastic. It's one of the things I thought I would regret when I first bought it. Keen to see where you take it man.

Whereabouts in NSW are you?

Haha cheers man, just had a read through your thread, plenty of awesomeness going on there! I'm right by the Airport.

I was also really on edge with Atlantic Blue, it's grown on me. I was looking for a black GT but this car came up, $6K! So I couldn't turn it down. So happy I went with the H6.

Got a fair few plans for the car both short and long term. I unfortunately broke my front right CV on Thursday night being a hoon lol. Luckily $220 fitted so its back and going well.

Tints are probs next on the list, it'll help the look a lot and also make the car a little more practical in the coming summer. Money needs to be put to the daily at the moment to get it back on the road. Little photoshopping below with some Enkeis :)

D3_0288_Edit.jpg

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:16 PM

Thank you very much (I've got to update the topic as I have progressed with quite a few things lately and a lot of my images do not load thanks to the bullshit ImageShack have now become). I've still not got my wagon to where I'd like it but slowly slowly it's getting there. $6,000 isn't a bad price at all but the mileage is a deterrent unless you take care of it and can maintain it when services are due. I have recently swapped engines as the original one kind of carked it. Initially it had around 185,000 km on it but I've managed to find an engine with only 81,000 km; plenty of life left. :)

You live 10-15 minutes away from me so hopefully you can make it to our monthly meets currently being held on the first Wednesday of every month at The Ranch Hotel in North Ryde. It's a good night to chat, chill, eat and talk about our prides and joy.

Ha ha, love the photoshopping. I know someone that can help you out with tints and he's a long-time member of SubyClub too. His name is Shaz. Send him a private message and he'll be able to sort you out man.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#6 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

fairly sure i know this car, did you buy it from Newcastle? 

#7 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

Thank you very much (I've got to update the topic as I have progressed with quite a few things lately and a lot of my images do not load thanks to the bullshit ImageShack have now become). I've still not got my wagon to where I'd like it but slowly slowly it's getting there. $6,000 isn't a bad price at all but the mileage is a deterrent unless you take care of it and can maintain it when services are due. I have recently swapped engines as the original one kind of carked it. Initially it had around 185,000 km on it but I've managed to find an engine with only 81,000 km; plenty of life left. :)

You live 10-15 minutes away from me so hopefully you can make it to our monthly meets currently being held on the first Wednesday of every month at The Ranch Hotel in North Ryde. It's a good night to chat, chill, eat and talk about our prides and joy.

Ha ha, love the photoshopping. I know someone that can help you out with tints and he's a long-time member of SubyClub too. His name is Shaz. Send him a private message and he'll be able to sort you out man.

I'm guessing Ichiban did the swap? What did it cost you, motor and labour if you don't mind me asking? The previously owner did a new timing chain and head gaskets as they blew due to a hole in the rad, which has also been replaced. Other then that the car has a full service history which speaks to it's running condition. I'm doing Castrol Edge every 5K.

The meet sounds great! That's the day of my last exam for HSC ever so it would be a good way to celebrate!

I've tinted my cars in the past but I've message Shaz as for this car I would like to get it done 100% perfect. Not really that much more expensive either.

fairly sure i know this car, did you buy it from Newcastle? 

Yes Tom was the old owner from Newcastle.

#8 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:28 AM

Close; ICHIban was my second choice, but it was a private job. I have a friend who is a mechanic and gave me a deal too good to ignore so I went that way. And he lives so close by that travel wasn't even a concern. The new engine with 81,000 km, new genuine radiator and all genuine piping set me back $3,200 and labour was just $800. He took out the engine one afternoon/evening and installed everything the following morning/afternoon. Initially I was running a demo tune by KiDo Tuning (Matt) however I decided to run the stock tune with the new engine for peace of mind and have had NO issues whatsoever. Really impressed with the prompt process.

Told you I couldn't say no. :P

Mine had a similar issue. Overheating on the highway coming back from Hunter Valley and the head gasket was gone. There was a small crack underneath the top hose on the radiator that you wouldn't see easily so it was never spotted before everything just went downhill.

Personally I have been using Penrite oil and have thought about shifting to Castrol as that's the oil Subaru use, but so far so good.

Definitely make it to our meets and you'll be able to meet a few of us. On average there are about 10-15 people that regularly make it so it's a good night man. Shaz is a master of tints so you're in good hands. I'm getting my wagon done by him as soon as I can get a free spot in my increasingly busy schedule.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#9 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

Close; ICHIban was my second choice, but it was a private job. I have a friend who is a mechanic and gave me a deal too good to ignore so I went that way. And he lives so close by that travel wasn't even a concern. The new engine with 81,000 km, new genuine radiator and all genuine piping set me back $3,200 and labour was just $800. He took out the engine one afternoon/evening and installed everything the following morning/afternoon. Initially I was running a demo tune by KiDo Tuning (Matt) however I decided to run the stock tune with the new engine for peace of mind and have had NO issues whatsoever. Really impressed with the prompt process.

Told you I couldn't say no. :P

Mine had a similar issue. Overheating on the highway coming back from Hunter Valley and the head gasket was gone. There was a small crack underneath the top hose on the radiator that you wouldn't see easily so it was never spotted before everything just went downhill.

Personally I have been using Penrite oil and have thought about shifting to Castrol as that's the oil Subaru use, but so far so good.

Definitely make it to our meets and you'll be able to meet a few of us. On average there are about 10-15 people that regularly make it so it's a good night man. Shaz is a master of tints so you're in good hands. I'm getting my wagon done by him as soon as I can get a free spot in my increasingly busy schedule.

Yeah I've heard good things about Penrite, managed to score 20L of Castrol when they had the SuperCheap sale for half price so couldn't really say no.

Super keen for the meet! :)

#10 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

It's an awesome buy with deals like those. Good stuff mate. I hope to see you there on the 4th of November.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#11 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

December 2015: I have decided it is time to start changing the look of the car. I like the look so far but I have been seeing so many soccer mum Outbacks that I thought time to distinguish myself.

This started with changes the colour of the brake callipers. It started with a rather paranoid masking job. 

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

While the car was in the air it was a good time for a service. Oil was replaced with Castrol Edge 5W-30 engine oil and a Ryco Z79A oil filter. 

IMG_1112.jpg

Something that was also high on my list was to paint and restore the factory 18 inch wheels.

The wheels were repaired with bog in the areas where there was gutter rash then primed using Color Spec Primer Surfacer, painted using Color Spec base coat in Sparkling Graphite Metallic A22 and cleared with Color Spec Deep Crystal Clear.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

After watching a recent episode of MCMTV2, I thought it would be a good time to check the cabin filter. Luckily I did, because it was in dire need of replacement. A replacement Ryco 322171 cabin filter was installed. 

IMG_1169.jpg

What felt like an eternity, the Raptor headers had finally arrived. I ordered the header in August of 2015, about two weeks after purchasing the car. At the end of December 2015 they finally here. These were the first step the completing my exhaust system and for the car to have its re-tune on E85.

IMG_1236.jpg

#12 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

Jealous of those headers!! They're providing some decent gains, particularly with the E85 tune so it'll be great once its all done...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#13 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Very nice update man! The car is looking sweet and I actually don't mind that sparkling graphite colour on the rims.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#14 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

Jealous of those headers!! They're providing some decent gains, particularly with the E85 tune so it'll be great once its all done...

Yeah man so happy to finally have them. I've been told by Matt (KiDo) that once the rest of the system is done + Headers + E85. I should expect another 40AWKW which is crazy taking me up to 180KATW!

Very nice update man! The car is looking sweet and I actually don't mind that sparkling graphite colour on the rims.

Thanks man happy with how they came out! I didn't mean to copy haha. Not bad for $150 for paint.

#15 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:56 PM

Post up when your engine pop's post tune.....

Really bugs when people spray calipers on cars and paint pads, clips, etc...

OEM+

#16 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

Thanks man happy with how they came out! I didn't mean to copy haha. Not bad for $150 for paint.

Nah you're not at all mate. You're wagon actually does remind me of mine every time I see it, ha ha. It's coming along really well mate.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#17 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:06 PM

Post up when your engine pop's post tune.....

Haha will do mate,

I know man it was meant to be a quick and dirty job. I've got Brembo's and new wheels planned for Feb. I heard you were the man for painting them?

#18 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:48 PM

Nope. Well and truly over brakes. :)

OEM+

#19 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:54 PM

Taking a break one could say ;)

I'm sure that's been used before

#20 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

I knew you'd say that!

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users