• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Whitt92

Whitt92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

How much is ichibahn charging you I'm gonna go single they said drive in drive out $3000
With stock 02'wrx stuff
But I'm gonna go a td05 18g
Will an 02 wrx down pipe work?

#22 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:40 AM

Only issue sticking with the rev D ecu is it will cost you a lot more for tuning as the tuner will have to go through and do everything, cold start maps, everything. May be cheaper to get a wrx computer just so you're only paying for the tuner to do the important maps.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#23 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

They won;t need to change hardly any of that.
a TT or WRX cranking, starting, idling and driving up to 4000rpm is exactly the same.

simply turn off/ ignore the tables for the TT switching and fault codes,, etc and it's only trimming up fuel, ignition and boost mapping.

I'd be suprised if the ECU can;t actually be fully flashed over and "upgraded" with a WRX Rom ID

#24 Whitt92

Whitt92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

Yeh I dunno they said they will be using a 02 wrx computer

#25 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Tsssstsutsutsutsutsu

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hey mate they said $4k with a tune and stock wrx parts.

I've sourced all the parts I need for ~$1.1k (3 inch dump, gearbox crossmember, turbo, bug headers and up pipe, braided oil and coolant turbo lines, all gaskets, turbo inlet etc.) and am going to nick at nrg for all the mechanical side and the tuning if he can figure it out. I've read heaps about the TT ecu working fine and as rob explained above its just about going through and turning off all the unused twin turbo junk.

Tbh $3k is quite steep for the work but as others have mentioned ichiban are tried and tested so it may be worth it for you. I wanted to be more involved and that wasn't possible with them.

Nrg is confident he can do most of that and I've been doing some research so between us should be able to nut it out but as always any help is appreciated so please anyone feel free to drop some knowledge here.

Will do a full build thread on this when I'm done including spreadsheet with all parts used and exactly how we made it work.

Booked in for 30 nov

#26 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

Also rob a guy I talked to from Byron has done exactly what you mentioned and flashed a v7 sti tune over his rev d Ecu but used ecutek. So that is another option. I'm sure I could get my hands on those maps easily enough

#27 Whitt92

Whitt92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

Okay do
You know if I get a 3inch dump will it bolt back on to the old system till I get a full exhaust

#28 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Not likely. There's nothing off the shelf available as BH/BE never had single turbo configs. Unlikely something would bolt up second hand either. You would have to get something made up.

Best off getting a second hand stock dump off a WRX (hopefully for free) and giving it to whoever does the conversion and let them sort it out. At least the dump will go in and hopefully minimal mods to get it to mate up with the existing centre section. Once you know it's all in place, then you can look for aftermarket dumps or spend more on getting something made.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#29 PeeKay

PeeKay

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

Slight change of plan. Likely heading to Pulse for the tune. Cant be bothered fiddling around to save a couple hundred bucks and instead stick to the 'do it once, do it right' adage. 

#30 JJB4LIBBY

JJB4LIBBY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

hey peekay..

Interested to see how the single turbo converison went

#31 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

what do you want to know?

did mine around the same time as his, it's pretty easy these days. can flash carberry or a wrx map on the B4 ECU and then tune with open source software.

kinda lost interest in mine and never had it fully tuned, but it was pretty easy to get it running on a basic tune and it hasn't given me any grief at all.

#32 sintx3

sintx3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

*Update*

As mentioned before my Syms TT downpipes ill be coming up for sale soon so if anyone wants to throw me an offer inbox me!

Hi Just wondering how much you would be after for those downpipes?

#33 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Hi Just wondering how much you would be after for those downpipes?

That post is from 2015...

tIeW8DE.png

#34 Braden1609

Braden1609

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:20 PM

what do you want to know?
did mine around the same time as his, it's pretty easy these days. can flash carberry or a wrx map on the B4 ECU and then tune with open source software.
kinda lost interest in mine and never had it fully tuned, but it was pretty easy to get it running on a basic tune and it hasn't given me any grief at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users