benny_84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Music , subys and skylines.

-- 2000 GC8 WRX Impreza Auto --

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Here it is :

i bought a 96 gx impreza with an ej22 in it and no gearbox . also it was fwd auto from factory as vin plate states . 

i installed a fwd auto box from a 93 RX impreza and it seemed to have ran just fine and no codes .

i recently swapped out the fwd for an awd auto setup from a 93 impreza wagon which all in all seemed to go just fine apart from actually lifting the whole ass end up in 1 shot .  everything has gone to plan and dont really have an issue with anything as the motor idles and runs sweet , it does shift gears and drive with no binding but it throws code 33 ( speed sensor ) and i think goes to limp mode after a test drive and resetting the codes . 

The tcm in the wagon did not go into my 96 gx as it is a 97 or so ej22 an ecu and found out it is the car ecu that runs the box too .

The only thing i can think of is that i forgot to swap the speedo cables over from the wagon to the gx and that is causing a problem or could it be the dash cluster aswell adding to the headache ?? 

i will be swapping cables over this week and testing that but any other ideas would be great ! 

** Car is a 1996 GX 2.0 Impreza FWD **   

Engine - ej22  1997 or so .

auto awd box - 1993 gx 1.8 impreza

***** UPDATE ******* 12/11/2015

swapped this in the dash cluster and no more code 33 ... just the 1/2 sec " all clear " flashes . 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users