• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Luke Strachan

Luke Strachan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:14 PM

hey guys, im a year 12 student in sydney and for my automotive major mork i decided to replace the whole exhaust system including injectors on my 2003 subaru liberty 

i was wondering which exhaust system i should be looking for and where i could go about buying one.

my price ranger is around $700 and id prefer a nice sounding rumble. 

also, i found this exhaust system on ebay: 

XFORCE Cat Back Performance Exhaust Stainless ES-SL06-CBS fits SUBARU LIBERTY... (Fits: Subaru Liberty)

it looks promising and im contemplating buying it but i was wondering would i have to replace the rear bumper if i wanted to use a dual exaust similar to one above^?

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:19 AM

That exhaust isn't for your model.

Unless they made Gen4 with single exhaust.

Best bet is search eBay for 'Subaru BE5 exhaust'. Or search forums like this or www.liberty.asn.au .

#3 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:35 AM

for the boxer note you will need unequal length headers as well. dont worry about injectors. just do headers cat midpipe and new muffler

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

I take it by injectors you mean extractors, and I'd say you'll be needing to revise what you're doing or spending to make that happen. You'll be hard pressed to get new headers for cheap, and not only that, there's very little point to doing them on a naturally aspirated subaru. That being said, if it's based around school work, there's a point to doing it that's not performance based.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

Should be a sweet project!

I wish my school had automotive back in the day! Although back then I was playing with old school Holdens ;)

Are you building the exhaust? Start from scratch and do it right from the start! Getting the right unequal length for the extractors for the subi beat will be the trick as you need to line up exhaust pulses to effectively run into each other to create that thump sound we all love so much!

A DIY exhaust for $700 should be easily achievable - pending the cost of your cat, resonator and muffler choice. A generic easily available off the shelf cat would be the go ;) I'd like to be doing my exhaust for my offroader front to rear but I've got other priorities atm!

All the best with it!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#6 Luke Strachan

Luke Strachan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the help guys but im having trouble knowing which exhausts would be compatible with my car. i'm really struggling with time here and wish to be spoon fed please!

Also, i was wondering if this exhaust would work?

http://www.ebay.com....sd=221848249918

#7 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Yes, that will fit if you have a gen 3. Sorry I should have mentioned it first up. Off the shelf systems are available in Japan and in some instances locally, but are rare. The sedan and wagon systems will need different length diff back components. I'm not completely sure, but that tip looks long enough to be a wagon one. Not a real problem for a sedan, but the tip will protrude longer than it should. The genome unit pictured sounds really nice too.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#8 Luke Strachan

Luke Strachan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

alright cool! thanks man! last thing:  i have a silver gen 3 liberty sedan and im thinking of blacking out the rims skirts and rear view mirrors as well as painting the callipers red. any objections??

#9 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Not fussed here. It's your ride. I'd personally probably leave the already body colour painted items as is, but that's the joys of a car. You can do whatever YOU want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users