• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

I did, and it did help. It's better than my old alternator but recently it hasn't been perfect either.

I now occasionally get a very slight misfire on idle if my lights or air con are on. Usually around town on short trips where the battery doesn't get a good charge.

It's barely noticeable and not enough of a problem for me to devote any time or money to. I don't get any error codes for the CPS either, but I know it is voltage related.

It might be bad wiring, I know better earths helped me, but if you are looking for another alternator and not afraid to spend a little more, try OEM.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

#22 jake2451

jake2451

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

im having the exact same problem with my b4, changed the alternator ot with a second hand one and didnt help at all

#23 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

I still occasionally get a misfire with the headlights on now, but hardly noticeable now.

Have you rewired your cam shaft sensor? I did and it helped. You will want to use shielded wire and run it all the way from the sensor to the ECU.

#24 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Reviving this thread.

So the generic alternator I bought has started to have issues running my HIDs at idle. They will flicker.

I tried swapping back to my old alternator out of interest and it was certainly the key cause of my Cam Position Sensor problems.

Looks like I need to get a new alternator. I'm looking at a GEN4 model 23700AA520 second hand unit. Can anyone confirm it has the right plug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users