6 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn 20

Glenn 20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hey guys,

I know how hard this will be,but has anyone put a whole wiring harness from a 03-05 themselves into a gc8??

#2 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

harnesses will need to be spliced together. gd engine harness into the gc dash harness. i guess unless your doing a full gd dash conversion also you might be able to just throw it all in

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#3 Glenn 20

Glenn 20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:28 PM

Ok,makes sense. :) cause atm i have 01 wiring in my gc8,but will need avcs hooked up. plus having trouble flashing the 01Ecu due to the wiring inside being cab being gc8.

#4 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Hmm.. the ECU flashing is an interesting problem, I suppose there are wiring differences between the ODBII port, the ECU, and the "flash plugs" on both?

If you want any differences cross-checked, I have full GC8 (SF5, no meaningful difference for what we're discussing) and  full 03 GD wiring harnesses in boxes here at the moment, I can lay them out side by side. Will be putting the GD dash harness into the SF5 next week, so do hurry if you want me to compare them.

#5 Glenn 20

Glenn 20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Yes, plz. :) If you can do that, it would be great! Thanks Andrew

#6 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Cool man, what specific plugs do you want compared? There are a fckzillion in the dash loom.

#7 Glenn 20

Glenn 20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, i'm going to have some fun pulling it apart. :s The flash block on the 03 loom, where does that lead to? And maybe Green plugs on the Gc8 same as 03? :) lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users