• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 williamg

williamg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys, I own a 2003 RX Liberty and am looking for good but reasonably cheap modifications as I don't fancy spending huge dollars on it while I owe money. I have been looking into getting a muffler for my car (something to somewhat enhance the boxer sound e.g. throatier) however as I am new to modding I can't seem to find something specific that I should look into getting, if anyone has any suggestions please do shoot them my way

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

A good quality oval muffler will give you a nice note. Don't put a dirty cannon on it or any cheap ebay filth. They look arse and sound worse.

Even better, find yourself a good Japanese muffler. A little harder to find, but worth it. 

A few brands to look out for ; X-Force, Hurricane, Magnaflow to name a few.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 williamg

williamg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

thanks for the response, from prior research and your response, an oval muffler definitely sounds like the way to go, would it be easy enough to find a bolt on muffler or would I more than likely be expecting to do some welding? Cheers for your response by the way

Also wondering whether or not http://www.carid.com...ore-accessories that would be worth looking at getting or is that simply a stock standard replacement rather than to adjust the sound?

EDIT: Would it be worth finding an oem b4 exhaust? I've heard they have a somewhat decent rumble

#4 andrew_k

andrew_k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:20 AM

I've got a spare stock 2003 WRX exhaust system, has an oval muffler with twin tips. Not sure if the muffler (and maybe mid section?) are a match for yours though. If you're nearby you're welcome to come put your car on ramps and try fitting it.

#5 williamg

williamg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the offer andrew, that would be sick however I'm more so looking for single tip muffler as a direct swap sort of thing

#6 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

should be able to find an NA JDM bolt on on yahoo.jp pretty easy, I would have thought.

#7 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

Search for a BE9 muffler if you want a bolt-on one on yahoo jp

#8 williamg

williamg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:42 AM

Cheers guys, yeah I didn't know where to search and just did general searches which didn't come back with a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users