• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

So Thursday afternoon I picked up my new car.

12801572_10153677071812880_9190880412364

The day I picked it up, Been looking at this model Forester for a long time but really did not like the way the car drives with the 4Speed Auto. So I knew then that I would have to try out the S-Edition to see if I could live with the 5Speed Auto, But with none being in Canberra it was hard to try and test drive one. So then one day this one popped up at a Dealer with only 39,000kms so I knew this was the one.

Have already hit the gravel road after going for a drive Friday and out of the blue decided to go for a spin to Cooma.

12592510_10153681029042880_5039841917052

11239653_10153681029067880_9717379173590

535151_10153681029147880_709053825896100

Got it home and did a full detail as the paint was of course a little dusty.

At first was a little worried to take it hard through a corner as I am new to the small SUV range and it has a bit of body roll, So will be looking into some things I can do to improve that. The good thing is the GTI looks to be sold already which is good, now I just need to sell the Liberty and I will have my Garage space back.

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

Looking good mate! Congratulations on the purchase.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

RSB upgrade and Front strut brace tightened mine up pretty well. Also STi quad tips go well (~$50). Welcome to the SH club.

#4 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

Looking good mate! Congratulations on the purchase.

Cheers Mate, Looking forward to actually going to the HVC this time. 

RSB upgrade and Front strut brace tightened mine up pretty well. Also STi quad tips go well (~$50). Welcome to the SH club.

Yeah have been reading the first thing it looks that I should do is RSB. It is a shame it doesn't have much of a exhaust note, Might have to sort that also haha. 

Also looking into what rubber to change the stock Geolanders out for. I still plan on going off road a bit but want something a little better than the Yoko's.

#5 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

congrats on the new addition mate :)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#6 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

I have to say my Geolandars (ars is for the Subaru specific ones) have done pretty well, I'm at 60k km on my stock set.

I looked into Coopers H/T as my next set, they seem to do pretty well. Although I do recall them not having off the shelf fitment for the Subaru rims.

Yeah most guys find the STi quad tips to be in the goldilocks zone of exhaust note. Also cheap as chips.

#7 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

congrats on the new addition mate :)

Thanks mate, I see your Forester is gone. Anything going to replace it or just downsizing to one car?

I have to say my Geolandars (ars is for the Subaru specific ones) have done pretty well, I'm at 60k km on my stock set.

I looked into Coopers H/T as my next set, they seem to do pretty well. Although I do recall them not having off the shelf fitment for the Subaru rims.

Yeah most guys find the STi quad tips to be in the goldilocks zone of exhaust note. Also cheap as chips.

Yeah they last a long time, as far as I can see the ones on this are the original set with plenty left, Car has 39,000kms. Maybe its just the body roll that makes me think the tyres are no good.

Will have to look haha, I was a little disappointed at the exhaust note as it is non existent. Cheers for the ideas mate save me some searching.

#8 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Thanks mate, I see your Forester is gone. Anything going to replace it or just downsizing to one car?

yeah foz sold within 24hrs haha which was quick and painless! i've already got a replacement for the foz just got a few things to do on it..

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#9 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

yeah foz sold within 24hrs haha which was quick and painless! i've already got a replacement for the foz just got a few things to do on it..

My VW has gone pretty quick also, just waiting on a few things from the buyer and it should be gone.

What did you end up getting?

#10 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:15 PM

Top addition...

Looks very nice indeed....

#11 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

So the VW is still for sale with the person pulling out due to finances, Though not an issue as I never needed to sell the car to have this one. So at the moment I have 3 cars and a motorbike, Still trying to sell my old Liberty haha.

Just need a new RSB and see how that goes and see what else I might like to do. I am thinking I will do the exhaust and a tune on 98. It was meant to stay stock but thinking this thing will end up with a handful of mods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users