#1 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

Subaru%20Sets%20Multiple%20Sales%20Recor

Subaru achieved an all-time monthly sales record of 4825 vehicles in March, up 20.6 per cent, according to official VFACTS figures released today.

Subaru’s record first quarter sales of 11,768 were up 13.9 per cent.

The strong performance also gave the brand a record 4.6 per cent monthly market share and 4.1 per cent year-to-date (YTD).

Leading the charge was All-Wheel Drive Forester with sales of 1574, up 34.9 per cent for the month and 40.4 per cent year-to-date YTD.

Other stars in the Subaru SUV stable were Outback, with 1150 sales and XV, with 802 – up 32.3 per cent for the month.

Also noteworthy were sales of 650 Imprezas, up an impressive 240.3 per cent for the month and 36.8 per cent YTD.

Regional VFACTS highlights included – for the first time - being top seller in each of the SUV sales categories in Tasmania, with XV, Forester and Outback.

Subaru Australia Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: “The recent introduction of our Model Year 2017 Liberty, Outback and Forester have driven this strong first quarter result.

“Customers have embraced our award-winning EyeSight® crash avoidance technology and now we also have Vision Assist being rolled-out on more models.

“This result has propelled Australia to be the second biggest export market for Fuji Heavy Industries after the U.S.A.

“Our market share at the end of quarter one is the highest on record. We also think it is the strongest Subaru share in the world outside Japan.

“We won’t rest on our laurels – managing severe stock shortages is a big issue. I’m off to Japan this week to see if we can get more!”

For more information on Subaru locally, visit:

Subaru Australia: http://www.subaru.com.au/  

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:57 PM

Well done, team!

Hopefully being second in line in export sales, we might have some sway on getting FHI to listen to us!

I think styling and interior quality in the entry models has improved vastly, considering from 2009 to 2014 "style" was thrown in the bin to satisfy the mouth breathing burger spilling  population across the pond. I guess it doesn't help the cause trying to appease a main market that simply just cannot make a good looking car (supercars and classic re-makes aside).

Hopefully we can start seeing the STI division spread across the board and give us proper drivers cars with more gusto and a MANUAL TRANSMISSION. 

Hint hintedy hint hint hint.

So, when does the Levorg with the 6MT drop in......

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

They're some strong results, well done Subaru! +1 on your post Jimbo.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users