#1 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Hey all.

I'm looking at buying another B4.

One has popped up locally with a v7 sti transplant w/ vf30, pushing 200kw according to the dyno sheets. 

Would 200kw be a bit much from a 207/vf30 combo with the only mods being (as far as I can tell) 3inch TBE, silicone intake, and a tune. 

Chassis and gearbox have 240,000kms, will the B4 5sp be able to handle the power for much longer? are they as notorious as the wrx 5sp gearboxes?

Would the the stock sti top mount get enough flow through the relatively restrictive B4 scoop?

Cheers.

Iron 

#2 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

is it this one?
http://www.rsliberty...o-go&highlight=

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#3 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

Yea, It's Darkrs's old ride, it's been through a few owners since then though. 

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

207 with a VF30 and a tune would easily do 200kw. Infact, there's probably even room to move higher. I wouldn't think it would be a problem so long as the tune is solid.

As for the gearbox, just treat it nicely and look after it maintenance wise. If it blows, throw in a 6 slotter.

TMIC would be fine, B4 scoop isn't that bad. It's probably no better or worse than a bug wrx scoop. If you're concerned, find yourself an ARC scoop extension, it's a little lip that goes around it to capture more air.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#5 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

Still wish I bought this instead of my B4 back in the day. Test drove it and everything!

#6 ironman

ironman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

207 with a VF30 and a tune would easily do 200kw. Infact, there's probably even room to move higher. I wouldn't think it would be a problem so long as the tune is solid.

As for the gearbox, just treat it nicely and look after it maintenance wise. If it blows, throw in a 6 slotter.

TMIC would be fine, B4 scoop isn't that bad. It's probably no better or worse than a bug wrx scoop. If you're concerned, find yourself an ARC scoop extension, it's a little lip that goes around it to capture more air.

Ok, sweet. I knew 207's can handle that power, I just figured they'd need more supporting mods. 

This clears up a few of my concerns, cheers.

Still wish I bought this instead of my B4 back in the day. Test drove it and everything!

Was this back when dark was selling it? or one of the later owners?

#7 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

Yep when he was selling it, around 4 years ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users