6 replies to this topic

#1 joseflou

joseflou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hi to all, 

I have a 99 legacy B4 RSK rev B with vf33/32 turbos.

I have read all the topics related about this problem, but Im in the same place.

Well, Im gonna tell my story.

I was speeding and going to a friends house, suddenly the second turbo was out, I stop and trying to see what happen if any vacuum line was out or something like that, checking all I can see and nothing. Take the car to my garage and start to investigate on everything related to the second turbo and do some changes.

1. I have change the spark plugs
  2. then the coils
  3. change the knock sensor, (I dont know what reason but my car blow 2 new knock sensor)
  4. I bought a Bosh O2 universal sensor
  5. Try to change the DPS

Try that steps one by one and nothing happens. I research a little bit more and start to change the vacuum hoses, put the pills in the right places, then I do the BBoD, go for spin and nothing happens. Then I start to see if i do something wrong and see that I exchange the lines 5 and 6, put them back on the right places, go for a test drive and for my surprise I get the code 66 with no boost in both turbos.

So right now I dont know what to do.

I dont now if someone have a diagram of the vacuums of the BBoD to do a second check if I do something wrong 

Thanks in advance

#2 joseflou

joseflou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

somebody help

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

Ah man, why did you have to get a 66. It's the worst code to diagnose and fix.

Rob is probably the best person to help you with this one.

I've never experienced one myself, Lucky me.

From what I've seen, most times it's usually related to multiple solenoids in the BBOD dying with a combination of other TT components playing up as well.

Probably best to start by checking your solenoids are working and clicking.

You're going to need to check pretty much everything... Line plumbing & integrity, sensors, solenoids, bpv's and so on.
This may take a while.

#4 joseflou

joseflou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

Ah man, why did you have to get a 66. It's the worst code to diagnose and fix.

Rob is probably the best person to help you with this one.

I've never experienced one myself, Lucky me.

From what I've seen, most times it's usually related to multiple solenoids in the BBOD dying with a combination of other TT components playing up as well.

Probably best to start by checking your solenoids are working and clicking.

You're going to need to check pretty much everything... Line plumbing & integrity, sensors, solenoids, bpv's and so on.
This may take a while.

Thanks man, I almost finish with the plumbing, but need a diagram of the BBOD because I thinks i mesup everything there

#5 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

All the BBOD solenoids are supposed to click when you put it in diagnostic mode with the green plugs. The boost control solenoid in the passenger guard doesn't so you may need to remove it and use a separate 12v power supply to check it.

#6 Robbks

Robbks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

Convert it to Single-Turbo.

I don't have time to troubleshoot the rest at the minute. I've covered it elsewhere, both Jim and I posted a HEAP of diagrams relevant to the Gen2, but can be transposed easily enough for Gen3 use

ASIDE: :((Not having a go at anyone's Intelligence or experience,
But if you can't trace the BBoD diagrams out properly and work out what they do at each stage of the TT System operation.  Owning a 20 year old TT SUbaru is a bad idea.))

But to get you running on some boost hopefully
-Remove and plug the line that connects from the Wastegate Actuator on the Primary Turbo to the Boost Control Solenoid.
-Run a short piece of vac line from the Compressor Outlet Nipple to the WG Actuator.

If it's more complex than that
Convert it, sell it, or strip and clean the BBoD and start again.

#7 joseflou

joseflou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

Convert it to Single-Turbo.

I don't have time to troubleshoot the rest at the minute. I've covered it elsewhere, both Jim and I posted a HEAP of diagrams relevant to the Gen2, but can be transposed easily enough for Gen3 use

ASIDE: :((Not having a go at anyone's Intelligence or experience,
But if you can't trace the BBoD diagrams out properly and work out what they do at each stage of the TT System operation.  Owning a 20 year old TT SUbaru is a bad idea.))

But to get you running on some boost hopefully
-Remove and plug the line that connects from the Wastegate Actuator on the Primary Turbo to the Boost Control Solenoid.
-Run a short piece of vac line from the Compressor Outlet Nipple to the WG Actuator.

If it's more complex than that
Convert it, sell it, or strip and clean the BBoD and start again.

thanks, for the advice, but i manage to solve it, it was a noob kind of thing.

I was having lost of vacuum because my new hoses of the line 12 and i mistake the line 1 and 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users