73 replies to this topic

#61 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

had a look at your log - did you notice it stayed in twin mode after your gearshift? there's another map that controls dropping back into single mode, that seems to not have been touched. and yes, that looks far better than the other log i looked at.

#62 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

Yes, I noticed that it remained staged, it's always remained staged if I've shifted fast enough before. That's why it's odd that it won't stage until you've passed 6k but will stay there all the way down to 3500...

Duly noted about the MAF hack, damn, that seemed too simple to be true :(. MAF calibration values restored from GotItRex tune.

I definitely do not have the SPRV #2 opening map in my tune; I will drop Emmanuel an email and see what can be come up with.

#63 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

The more I look at it and play around with it the more I think that SPRV #2 opening map is the problem. It's definitely nowhere in the ECULabs Studio software, I'm waiting on a reply from Emmanuel with info on whether that's something he can find/add or not.

I'm also really unconvinced that the ECU wasn't modified before I handed it over (ie before I owned it) [EDIT: Most of the maps are stock or close enough to stock to be down to specific software revisions, so we can scrub this from the list of possibilities. Confirmed via nickknack's base .eld file copy.]

I actually have a JDM revD ECU as well (that came with the engine) so if it's possible to mess around with the stock ECUs then that might be worth trying, if only to read the maps off it.

#64 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

Progress has been made. I am now relatively certain that the map for shifting into twin turbo mode is the issue here, and that it's related to the upsized injectors one way or another.

A kind soul has provided me with some more visibility into what's going on inside the ECU and what some of the maps ECULabs doesn't have defined yet are, which should be very helpful.

Kind of wondering how anyone else has tuned for E85 on a D/E with an ECULabs ECU though. I'm told I'm not the first person to do this, but I can't actually find any info about anyone else having done it, which would be very useful.

#65 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

Well, we can be pretty sure I'm the only person with ECULabs and flex-fuel on a DE revision.

Short version: I WAS RIGHT! Emmanuel added the various tables that look at what the original def called "load" to ECULabs Studio, I adjusted them, and now it stages at 4k rpm no problem.

Long version:

The tables are in injector duty cycle and multiplying the values for 4k rpm and above by my injector scaling factor (0.55) made the car stage just fine at 4000rpm. Some slight additional software upgrades are needed since for flex-fuel support this table needs to be multiplied by the flex fuel scaling factor, and needs to have a B map.

Unfortunately I don't have a log file for you all due to the logger not switching on when i turned on the rear demister, but suffice to say this thing hauls ass like a train.

Thankyou all so much for your help. At this point I should probably start a regular old build thread, heh.

#66 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

well done -- glad to see you got it sorted.

#67 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:36 PM

Great stuff.

Now pics & build thread.

#68 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:33 PM

Glad it's sorted... yes we need the build thread. Given you want to stay twin trubo, when are the twin TD04s going on? That should do real well with E85!

#69 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:42 PM

Awesome news mate!

Don't forget to link this thread to your build thread and vice versa ;)

Cheers

Bennie

"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#70 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

Top stuff mate...

Looking forward to see your build thread......

#71 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

Oh right, pics!

Click for full-rez:

nPn3n93l.jpg

I'll make a build thread soon I promise :P

#72 neggles

neggles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

Glad it's sorted... yes we need the build thread. Given you want to stay twin trubo, when are the twin TD04s going on? That should do real well with E85!

It's going to need an STi 6-speed before that, I suspect - I'm going to have enough trouble with stock turbos and E85 on the 5-speed heh

#73 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Do i spy Vic plates? Where are you from?

tIeW8DE.png

#74 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Do i spy Vic plates? Where are you from?

Around Balwyn Nicko, so our part of Melb.

We gotta check out this car one day m8.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users