• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lentil

Lentil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

Hello member,. I have a 2014 XV,S 19000K's and am wanting some advice on servicing. My car is out of Subaru warranty and was wondering weather to have my next service done by Ultratune @ $280 (logbook service) or stay with my dealer @ $800+ for the cars  first major service? I am a bit of a doubter so any positive feed back will be appreciated, Thanks, 

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

Whereabouts are you located?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 Lentil

Lentil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

Brisbane CBD

#4 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

There's plenty of options in the middle there. Ultratune service would have me worried they didn't check much. Are you talking about Toowong Subaru or Newstead? City Subaru weren't too bad last time I checked.

Plenty of options north of Bris such as Subi Evolution, but John French near the Gabba should be good enough, and convenient location.

#5 STI_Tom

STI_Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:46 AM

Ultratune: No way. Big chain-franchise who tend to specialize in cutting corners and doing half jobs. Will tell you stuff needs fixing when it doesn't and leave apprentices to break shit then cover it up. Not worth the discount price.

Subaru: Also a no go. Overpriced, yes everything will get actioned in line with the book you're overpaying for it. Apprentices galore in the servicing part of the workshop and most of them don't care to look hard enough for impending issues and then you're left with a big bill when that small component breaks and leaves a massive damage bill for other related components.

I recommend finding a reputable local mechanics garage who is honest, fair, knowledgeable and has people on forums recommend them. (I'm not from your neck of the woods so I can't actually recommend anything near you). Usually you'll spend a chunk less than the dealership would charge, you'll get better service, you can be sure that your car is in good hands.

My number one tip for choosing who touches my car, as the following questions. "Is the owner/manager also a mechanic on the tools in the shop? Is the owner/manager going to know exactly where my car is and who is doing what to it at any given time without looking it up?" If the answer is not yes to both questions then I move on to the next shop.

2rr85lh.jpg

#6 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:48 AM

I recommend finding a reputable local mechanics garage who is honest, fair, knowledgeable and has people on forums recommend them.

This.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#7 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:51 PM

I recommend finding a reputable local mechanics garage who is honest, fair, knowledgeable and has people on forums recommend them.

I recommend listening to Tom's recommendation of listening to other's recommendations.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users