#1 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hi there

Just got a old 82 wagon gear box is not the best

is there a 5sp that will bolt upto my old ea81 engine?

what is the part number for the temp sender

Thanks

Chris

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

G'day mate.

Dunno about the part number for the temp sensor, an auto shop that's worth their weight will be able to find an after market one for you.

The 5 speed option for the EA81 is a front wheel drive only gearbox found in the GLF5 coupes. The other method is to use an L series gearbox that's dual range 4wd. Make sure it's a 3.7 ratio box to match the rear diff.

You'll need the EA82 flywheel (or better still, machine your flywheel step to be the same as the ea82's step for the pressure plate), clutch, clutch pedal box (use it to mod your clutch pedal etc), tail shaft (two piece - make a bracket to hold the middle bearing), starter motor (I'm not 100% sure they're interchangeable), speedo cable, gear selectors - both hi/lo range and drive gear selector.

You'll need to fab up a gearbox x member or fabricate a bracket to adapt the '81 box mounts to the '82 gearbox.

Check out Ausubaru.com - it's been done over there and documented more than once! You should be able to find info on how much to machine the flywheel as I can't remember what it is now.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users