#1 Red Barron

Red Barron

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

toyota86.png

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) has received notification of a recall from Toyota, affecting Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ coupe vehicles. 

The 86/BRZ models are seen regularly in club level through to national competition, including the one-make Australian Toyota 86 Series.

The following information has been released by Toyota in regards to this recall:

Toyota Australia has today announced that it will recall almost 15 000 Toyota 86 vehicles built between April 2012 and March 2015 due to a potential loss of power steering assist.

The recall impacts right-hand drive vehicles that are equipped with driver's knee airbags. Due to an improper wire harness layout, there is a possibility that the electric power steering harness may interfere with the instrumental panel lower cover which contains the driver's knee airbag on Australian specification vehicles.

If this happens, there could be an electrical contact failure which may result in the loss of power steering assist. A warning light would then illuminate on the dashboard along with a short audible warning whilst manual steering would be maintained.

To rectify this condition, the power steering electronic control unit and wire harness will be replaced in all impacted vehicles.

It is understood that approximately 3,000 Subaru BRZ coupe vehicles will be affected by the recall in Australia.

CAMS urges anyone who owns or is looking to compete in a Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ coupe to make contact with Toyota/Subaru to conduct any necessary repairs for the applicable vehicles. 

Competitors should consider the suitability of their vehicle for competition during this time.

For further information, visit www.toyota.com.au/news for a list of Q&As or contact the Toyota recall campaign helpline on 1800 987 366 or Subaru on 1300 550 994.

ENDS

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

#rosberg

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:44 PM