• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tomgr

Tomgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hi all, I just want to ask if anyone else is experiencing issues with discomfort of their left foot in the Impreza MY14 model. I have found that there is limited room to put your foot flat and it hangs over the pedal. Over time this has been getting more and more uncomfortable and it's now starting to bother me. Is there anything that can be done about it?

2014 Subaru Impreza Hatch

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

Has it got a dead pedal you can rest on? I'm sure all Sub's have one.

In all honesty, a dealership wouldn't give you the time of day over your sore foot.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 Tomgr

Tomgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for responding.

Yes a dead pedal near the left wall. Yeah i mentioned it to the guy at the dealership and he showed surprise at the issue and said there was nothing they could do about it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for responding.

Yes a dead pedal near the left wall. Yeah i mentioned it to the guy at the dealership and he showed surprise at the issue and said there was nothing they could do about it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Unfortunately we're all different shapes and sizes, and they can only make one car to suit. Have you tried adjusting your driving position? 

I'm sure you will get used to it over time. I usually get a few aches and pains of discomfort when starting to drive a newly purchased car. My old XR5 didn't even have a dead pedal, that was very annoying, but I got used to it.

You will adjust over time.

#5 Tomgr

Tomgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

Thanks for responding, however I've had the car for over 2 years now. Also this is the 3rd Impreza I have owned (in a row) so it's a real shame that this is happening as I will not be buying another one. Problem is getting worse not better. :(

#6 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

I'm not sure I understand the problem -- are you saying your foot is too wide for the dead pedal space and is fouling the clutch (/brake) ?

#7 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:06 AM

Maybe try removing the dead pedal and just resting your foot on the carpet.

#8 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

Swap for an aftermarket dead pedal/pedal set? A WRX aftermarket set might fit? From a quick google, some 'murricans are complaining about the dead pedal being too small for larger feet also. Fine for my size 9's lol.

#9 Tomgr

Tomgr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:27 AM

I'm not sure I understand the problem -- are you saying your foot is too wide for the dead pedal space and is fouling the clutch (/brake) ?

My left foot gets sore and therefore my left leg is uncomfortable due to the space not being wide enough for my foot. i generally take off my shoe to accommodate which helps somewhat

Maybe try removing the dead pedal and just resting your foot on the carpet.

did try this however it will most likely involve ruining the carpet as it seems to be glued on

Swap for an aftermarket dead pedal/pedal set? A WRX aftermarket set might fit? From a quick google, some 'murricans are complaining about the dead pedal being too small for larger feet also. Fine for my size 9's lol.

thank you i will look into this. my foot is size 11 so it's not like it's overly big

#10 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:21 PM

It'll bolted to the floor with probably 2 x 10mm bolts, you just have to push the carpet around until you find them.

I drive barefoot so I don't get these problems :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users