• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TylerN

TylerN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys/girls just brought my 1st 2000 Impreza WRX, as I have just come out of my p plates, always been a dream car of mine since before I could get my licence, now I finally have one!! Everything on it is currently stock beside xforce 3inch exhaust system, I have reasons to believe some form of aftermarket stirs and springs cause they still feel quite stiff and durable in the corners but can't seem to fine any logo anywhere on them and lensos Dc9 17" rims

But back to what I'm here for I want to start modding it right away! But unsure where to start since I have never owned a turbo charged car or how to approache it, one of my work mate want me to come track days with him in it and I want to be able to push the Rex to around 190-200kw to come on par with his evo 7 but I want it reliable and safe since it also a daily driver and I have a new born baby any help how to achieve this?

Sorry for long post

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

Welcome to SubyClub mate. You've come to the right place as there are quite a few WRX's here. Have a look through this forum at builds and projects member's have posted about. That should be a good starting point.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 TylerN

TylerN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Thank you very much!

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:28 PM

Welcome. First mod you should do is to check all the fluids and servicing is up to date. Dont want to be spinning bearings due to low/old oil or snapping a timing belt at 7k rpm on the track. As for power mods learn to drive the car first, learn how it handles and behaves before adding power. Also remember suspension, brakes and tyres will get you faster lap times a lot easier than power.

Basically watch this and go from there:

tIeW8DE.png

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

You didn't have to post another topic in that forum by the way... :P

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#6 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:02 AM

Get rid of those heavy ass wheels.