1 reply to this topic

#1 wiljs007

wiljs007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a 1993 Subaru L Station Wagon in NSW & drive it back to VIC on the weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with taking a car of this age through for a Victorian RWC? Mileage is low & it is near mint condition. Also, if anyone can recommend a good mechanic in Victoria that won't add excessive repair costs to pass RWC, I would very much appreciate it. I have heard some horror stories & don't want to end up dealing with someone out for extra monetary gain over credibility.

Thanks in advance, & have a great day.

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

Check out the vicroads website for info in purchasing a vehicle from interstate.

As for RWC you need to check the vehicle over and have a generally good idea of what looks like it's odd/old/not right/ needs replacing.

I love my L series but I've built it how it should've been from the factory and added some elements that suit my needs/intended use. I find the EA82 under engineered and under underpowered. It'll no doubt have the factory oil leak on the cam boxes. If not it's been well looked after.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users