Photo

2002 B4 Liberty engine used to intermittently cut out in first 10 mins of driving now never turns on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thefarmer

thefarmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

Used to be intermittent problem, engine light would come on, sometimes, got to hitting dashboard above glovebox or opening glovebox, used to wake engine light, now even that no longer works. Sometimes came on when should now nothing. Had Brant system, was removed by orig owner, I have had car one year and had issues from day one, got worse longer I owned it. Any auto elecs Melb north who know about these or anyone so I can replace item myself? Is it a module? Not sure how much Brant is remaining, cheers...HELP PLZ!

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hahaha!

The old dash slap kill switch.

This is 100% your brant alarm. The key pad side of things probably have been removed but now it's time to say goodbye to the rest of it.
It's really not to hard to remove it yourself. It's located next to the glovebox on the side of the passengers footwell. Black box with black wires that run to your ECU and across to the ignition wiring near the key.

You solder the corresponding coloured wires back together at the ecu and ignition, unplug the cars loom from the black box, unplug the black box from the white box then put the loom plug into the white box.

That's putting it simply.

Then you take the brant, walk to the end of your driveway and ......throw the forking thing down the street.

#3 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

Then you take the brant, walk to the end of your driveway and ......throw the forking thing down the street.

What don't you burn them any more ??

#4 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

What don't you burn them any more ??

Nah mate.

My lungs never recovered.

-10 years of life I reckon, not recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users