Photo

Dash cluster from Forrester in a GC8 Impreza?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KrazyKong

KrazyKong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hi there. I'm not sure quite what section to post this, but I have a question in relation to a dash cluster swap.

I have a Impreza RX 2000 non turbo sedan. Whilst at the local wreckers hunting for internal trim and missing things on my car (bought it 6 months ago), I noticed that alot of parts from the Foresters were the same. Why was I looking in Foresters you ask? Well the wreckers have plenty of them, but no Imprezas :(

I noticed the dash cluster in the Forester looked alot more modern than my Impreza one. And I got to thinking... can one use a Forester dash cluster in an GC8 Impreza? So I Googled it any then looked at all the images. It seems there tons of different styles of clusters on the Imprezas and Foresters.

The ones that were in the cars (sorry I don't know the years on them, but they looked to be 2000+, looked very much like this one.

s-l1600.jpg

I've been trying to improve my interior, with new LEDs in the climate control, dash cluster etc. But still don't like the results. It just too dark and I'm hating the green look on everything.

I've seen that some WRX's have a cluster than is very similiar to the one pictured as well.

So can I do it? Can I take a Forester dash cluster and install it into my Impreza? or will I have to re-wire it and mod it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users