5 replies to this topic

#1 greipfrukt

greipfrukt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Hey there!

Typing from far away Norway, and the Suby-forums are much smaller.

I drive an 03 SG5 Forester XT, rebuilt with Ej207 w/twinscroll set up. Drivetrain, gearbox, brakes and all are from an 05 US STI Impreza.

Fantastic car in my opinion, shame its not approved and legally rebuild. Thats what I'm trying to do now, came a cross som helpful guys in Gemany, 

but still I miss things. I need documentation and TÜV-papers, Subaru Norway is not giving a hand at all, so there is no help at all.

Does anybody know of an coiloverset for the SG5 chassis? 

Dont know if somebody is sitting at papers with TÜV for gold-Brembo's?

Or documentation on the chassis, need documentation thats says that the Forester STI and XT shares the same body with no differences other than drivetrain and so on.

Also, I have a friend who has an original Forester STI from Japan, due to some pretty shitty rules in Norway, the car cant be registered here, has to go through ex. Sweden first.
He is searching for a registration document for a 05 Forester STI to use as an example for comparison with his, hoping for approval here i Norway.
Of course you can edit out name and personal information, just need the info on the car and so on.

Hope somebody can help me out here :)

Attached Files

#2 Red Barron

Red Barron

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hi

Does anybody know of an coiloverset for the SG5 chassis

Pretty sure no Subaru came with coilovers, I am trying to get an Engineers Certificate on an MY08 WRX with coilovers ( reason for cert ) if they did come out as an option would have been sweet

Neil

#3 greipfrukt

greipfrukt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

I know they never did, was thinking more aftermarket, here in Norway we need TÜV-certificate on soon every part on cars.

#4 Red Barron

Red Barron

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Yea I am getting Engineer Cert same reason so it is legal on street, can get away with it but if RTA get you will get a defect notice

Like the picture of your car very nice

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help, Good Luck

Neil

#5 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

so are you looking for any factual subaru specifications that state the body is the same between XT and STI so that you can get it registered?
you might be best to email subaru in Japan.. although the language barrier is difficult, if you request from them.. in very simple English.. you will be surprised how far they will go to answer your question and provide official documentation.

Don't expect an overnight answer.
and don't mention that the car is "modified" but rather mention that the car is an STI forester and you need to provide the transport authority in Norway proof that the chassis is the same between the models so that you can have the car registered as they don't have a listing for an "STI" variant.. 

that might be the easiest way around it..

That is if i am understanding your query correctly.

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#6 greipfrukt

greipfrukt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for the tip man, I have sent them an request.

It seems that you have some smoother rules down there for approval of cars? 

Do you need papers on for example the brakes, if you rebuild for original 4pot brakes to gold-Brembos?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users