3 replies to this topic

#1 Russell85

Russell85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi guys,

the new ride, a 2016 outback manual turbo diesel, the DPF light came on flashing tonight at only 6500 ks, surely the lifetime of the filter is greater than that.

ive taken it down the freeway, sitting on 100 k and 2500rpm for 15 mins in one direction, then the same again back home.

any advice?

ill get it to the dealer but its a public holiday tomoz so looks like its going to be on wednesday....

any advice is warmly welcome!!!

cheers 

#2 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

Doesn't necessarily mean the filters gone bad already. Probably could be anything emissions related. They may even just run a burn of function. I would think it should be covered by warranty so it will cost nothing?

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#3 Russell85

Russell85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

if its not covered by warranty, ill be straight to fair trading. the first service is due at 12,500.

#4 surge

surge

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Pretty sure that light can also flash if the oil has become too diluted.

If you could read the engine code using an OBDII scanner, you'd probably see DTC P1468 Oil dilution come up.

Which is meant to be triggered when oil dilution ratio is higher than 10 %. This will cause the DPF light to flash.

I bet the service department will just change your oil and you will find that the DPF is fine.

When I worked at Subaru, there were many times people had to come in with that light and normally left happy. Never actually noticed anyone leave angry having to pay for a new DPF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users