• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hey Guys With this COLD weather we are having the batteries in my two sets of keys keep dieing. Twice in the past 2 weeks now BOTH of my keys have lost power and will not unlock the car. Is this happening to anybody else ? My local subaru dealer said they have replaced the batteries of about 30 peoples remotes this week alone. I feel like a d**khead cause iv had to get my car towed to subaru as i have no way of starting the car only to find out i just needed to replace the batteries......... but for it to happen twice in two weeks to TWO sets of keys ...... cmon
Silver B4 , Front Mount , 3" Full exhaust , Pod Filter , Boosted ....

#2 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hey Guys

With this COLD weather we are having the batteries in my two sets of keys keep dieing. Twice in the past 2 weeks now BOTH of my keys have lost power and will not unlock the car. Is this happening to anybody else ? My local subaru dealer said they have replaced the batteries of about 30 peoples remotes this week alone. I feel like a d**khead cause iv had to get my car towed to subaru as i have no way of starting the car only to find out i just needed to replace the batteries......... but for it to happen twice in two weeks to TWO sets of keys ...... cmon

Ummm unlock the door with key? Start the car with the key? Drive off? Am i missing something really obvious here?

#3 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, I'm with you Ben. You don't need the automatic lock/keyless entry to get the car started. The immobiliser chip is in the key itslef and deactivates as the key is entered into the ignition barrel. I was driving around for 2 weeks before I found time to go and get a new battery for it.

#4 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:43 PM

I take it you guys dont have B4's . My car WILL NOT start unless i unlock it with the remote. If i unlock it with the key and open the door the alarm goes off.

#5 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

I take it you guys dont have B4's . My car WILL NOT start unless i unlock it with the remote. If i unlock it with the key and open the door the alarm goes off.

Ahhh i do but i f**ked that piece of shit alarm off long ago. Although from memory cant you still put the code in to turn the alarm/immobiliser off after its gone off? Hurts ya ears but works i think doesn't it?

#6 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:52 PM

Ahhhh! Brandt! Fun. :dash2:

#7 kr0nic

kr0nic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Ahhh i do but i f**ked that piece of shit alarm off long ago. Although from memory cant you still put the code in to turn the alarm/immobiliser off after its gone off? Hurts ya ears but works i think doesn't it?

Nope :(

Gonna have to f**k this whole thing off when i got the $$$, how much did it cost you to ditch it ? And what did u replace it with ?

#8 thatsgoodsquishy

thatsgoodsquishy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Nope :(

Gonna have to f**k this whole thing off when i got the $$$, how much did it cost you to ditch it ? And what did u replace it with ?

DIY FTW, cost me a day of swearing and grunting. Replaced with another stand alone alarm and an old school kill switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users