2 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

Hi all i recently got a 01 b4 twin turbo. I dont know to much about turbos as this is my 1st one ive ever owned. But the small turbo passenger side blows smoke from it and under the car it pisses out oil all over the ground. I dont know what to check for why its doing that. And it has no power at all and the engine light comes on when i try and drive it any help would be great thanks.

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Well that doesn't sound good.

The first thing to do would be to try to find and sort out that oil leak. It could just be loose oil feed or return lines to the turbo but if it's pissing out it may a bigger leak or problem with the lines.... or something else in that area.
Find where it's leaking then fix the leak if you can. Degrease the area first and look for fresh oil.

The performance issues could be any number of things. The most obvious would be that your primary turbo has been running dry of oil and it has blown and If that's the case you'll need a new turbo or a rebuild.
Before you assume the above, find someone with a scanner to clear all the stored check engine codes then run the car to see what new codes appear.
That should give a better indication of what you're dealing with and it's easier to do that before you start ripping off your turbo and or exhaust to check it's actually working.

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lock this thread dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users